Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T Performance AWD
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 13 AWD 2.0T performance. I have had continual problems with both front seats. The seat cushion shifts on the driver's seat, despite the shim fix supposedly having been applied. Anyway this post is about a different problem: both seats are very noisy, making creaking sounds. The driver's side seat back creaks at about shoulder height. The passenger seat creaks all over. When I have a passenger in the seat, it's just constant loud creaking with every movement. My dealer has not been able to fix either seat. These noises are frustrating, a luxury car creaking and squeaking like an old box spring. It's embarrassing to have someone in the car. I've asked my dealer about replacing the seats, but so far they dealer has not been interested in pursuing that option. I will try a different dealer for my next service, to see if they can resolve the issue. However I'd like to know if others have had this creaking problem, and if there is any resolution. Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the same problem with my drivers seat on my 14 Lux turbo. It also bothers me quite a bit. My girlfriends jeep has creaking seats but it's an 08 with 200grand on the odometer. If Cadillac wants more people in their cars these small annoyances should be a top priority as it gives people a feeling of poor quality. If you end up finding a solution with your seats please let me know! In the mean time I'll just have to keep the music turned up loud.

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V (sold), 2013 ATS 2.0T
12 Posts
Same story here, same year and type: 2013 ATS 2.0 performance. I will add the my passenger side headrest button rattles on bumps and that 6th gear occasionally grinds

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0 Luxury
202 Posts
Same story here, same year and type: 2013 ATS 2.0 performance. I will add the my passenger side headrest button rattles on bumps and that 6th gear occasionally grinds
Just drove my 2014 2.0 turbo luxury. My drivers seat squeaked the entire time. Its extremely annoying.

Does anyone notice the buttons/trim plate on the steering wheel squeaks when you touch it?

My previous car was a 2003 oldsmobile, it didnt squeak, had a smooth idle, and got great gas mileage. How is it that a CADILLAC can be this way? GM is going to loose customers, and I dont think they are in a position to loose customers right now.

·
Registered
2013 ATS 3.6L AWD Premium
54 Posts
Has anyone had this fixed? My seat creeks as well. (2013 3.6L ATS premium)

·
Registered
2014 ATS4 Performance 3.6L, 2014 Jeep GC EcoDiesel
120 Posts
I noticed that my seat was squeaking and after inspection it was because of the rubber coating on the seat belt latch cable rubbing up against my leather causing the noise. I applied some leather conditioner to the seat in that area which reduced the friction and I no longer get a squeak.

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T Performance AWD
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thedead said:
Wouldn't that be covered under warranty?
I'd hope so, but after two trips to dealer so far, I'm no closer to getting these noises resolved than when I started. Same with the shifting seat cushion. There must be a strong disincentive to replacing the seats - I mean I know they are expensive but there is obviously a fundamental quality problem - because I've asked my dealer about replacements but so far have gotten nowhere.

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0 Luxury
202 Posts
I'd hope so, but after two trips to dealer so far, I'm no closer to getting these noises resolved than when I started. Same with the shifting seat cushion. There must be a strong disincentive to replacing the seats - I mean I know they are expensive but there is obviously a fundamental quality problem - because I've asked my dealer about replacements but so far have gotten nowhere.
Lets say, GM doesnt replace the seats and the owner isnt happy. GM will probably loose another $40k when that owner buys another MFG's model. In comparison to the cost of a lost sale, a seat fix/replacement is cheap for GM. I highly doubt GM thinks this way.

·
Registered
2019 XT4 Premium AWD Build 7/22/18 / 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium Build 12/21/2012
1,622 Posts
If conquest sales were a priority they would and should care and go all out or as you said next car will be another manufacturers conquest.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts