Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 CTS that I love except for the creaky arm rest. Seems like a little issue, but it drives me crazy. Is there a known fix? Does anyone else have this issue?

Ckoehnen

·
Registered
2006 3.6L Y43 Hotchkis Stage-1TVS-totaled, 13 Subaru WRX
3,518 Posts
^^ Mine creeks too and it is frustrating, there has tobe a better solution. Mine is a 2006, is this warranty worthy?

·
Registered
41,011 Posts
^^ Mine creeks too and it is frustrating, there has tobe a better solution. Mine is a 2006, is this warranty worthy?
I don't know why not, Tag. "Bumper-to-bumper." I'm sure James or Bill could say for sure.

·
Registered
18 XT5 / 18 CTS 3.6 AWD
416 Posts
Mine doesn't, but I'd get that fixed at your next dealership visit. I've complained of "noise" things that bugged me but weren't damaging. Never had the dealer not fix it. I've always done this with all my cars. I had an annoying high pitched creak come from under the dash of my Rendezvous when it was new. Only happened in cold weather and when hitting bumps. they fixed it.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I agree with AZFARA, it is a poor design. I suspect that even if you convince the dealer to swap it out, the new one will eventually squeak.
There has to be a way to track down what to parts are rubbing together, then come up with a solution.

Oh, did I mention that mine also squeaks?

·
Registered
05 3.6 CTS, Volant, V Exhaust, Hotchkis (SOLD!); 2010 2SS
410 Posts
That's what happens when they make the joint out of plastic; you'd think a cadillac would have a more expensive design than cheap plastic. Atleast our armrests are better than the ones in the V's.

·
Registered
07 CTS 3.6
1,484 Posts
It has nothing to do with any plastic piece in the arm rest. Its the leather part close to the seat that rubs against the seat and makes the annoying noise. I haven't messed with any fixes yet. but it is easy to fix, just put a piece of non abrasive fabric over the arm rest.... there you go.

·
Registered
05 3.6 CTS, Volant, V Exhaust, Hotchkis (SOLD!); 2010 2SS
410 Posts
What the hell are you talking about? It has nothing to to do with leather rubbing...maybe you have that problem, but I surely don't. My armrest doesnt touch my seat at all.

·
Registered
2003 CTS
2,339 Posts
SHORTSTACK, i wouldnt put it so harshly, but i agree with san2cci...mine is not rubbing the seat either. and i would like to thank the guy that dug this old ass thread up again, because that creaking sound has driven me f'ing crazy all week. i think i will be taking some shits apart this weekend.

What the hell are you talking about? It has nothing to to do with leather rubbing...maybe you have that problem, but I surely don't. My armrest doesnt touch my seat at all.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts