Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I installed the new ipod interface kit and went to the dealer to enable the xm band since I do not have xm in my car. The tech hooked up the TEch 2 interface and tried to enable the band but could not figure out how to do it; he fiddled with it for a good 25 minutes but no dice. 2 days later I was driving home and the XM band magically appeared, strange. Anyways now I can listen to the ipod but I cant control the player, none of the buttons work, all I can do is use the advance knob to change tracks. Can anyone help me how to figure out how to control this thing, thanks!:mad2:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the same problem. My kit was installed by the local dealer. XM band was enabled from beginning, but control functions are just not there. I cannot see playlists, and only can advance through advance knob.
Radiosandmore is looking into it. Audio quality is excellent. BTW, this is a very early 2005 with Bose/Non-NAV.
jim

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Under the radar,
What you do to see the ipod info on the screen is go to the setup button and selcet the clock/info button to be displayed as one of the 4 choices on your radio, then when you hit that button you will see artist name, song name, and album name.

Kael,
yes this is an ipod kit, if you search the cts forum for "IPOD" you will find a link to Radios and more, they sell an interface manufacutred by Metra to allow the ipod to interface with the stock radio of the cadillac via the xm band.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Do you guys know if this kit will work with the base audio system (no nav, no xm, no Bose, no fun)? It sounds like it might. Thanks in advance!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think 2004 or 2005 and above will work since the radio is xm ready. The radio needs to have a "band" button on it, if it does you should be good!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a 2005, I am at work right not so I will not be able to give you a picture till later 2night.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I woudlr eally like to see a picture ofit because I am really interested in purchasing this and want tos ee if it is really worth it or nt, thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes, Reed, this is the radios and more kit. The combo is a 60G Video iPod (to replace the iPod that was stolen during remodel), a 2005 CTS (early) with Bose/non-NAV. Radios and more is being very helpful...they feel it may be the new iPod that they haven't tested with. They seem committed to getting it sorted out, especially since that is the only full-size iPod that Apple is selling going forward.

I lurked around this forum for the better part of a year, waiting for an iPod kit; so I'm anxious to see it work with full functionality. And I too appreciate very much that you helped make this kit happen.

jim

·
Registered
29 Posts
Intalled my ipod kit today. I have the same prob...all I can do it just use the Tune/Sel knob to change the track. I have a 06 with Base Audio, non nav. The iPod is a 40GB Photo iPod. So did anyone fix this prob?

·
Registered
6 Posts
They asked me to test and verify the obvious...once we got past that they admitted they didn't know what was wrong, but would get engineering on it in a hurry. My guess is that they tested with too small a matrix, i.e. without testing the latest iPods. Mine is a video iPod and yours is a Photo iPod.

They seem clear that these iPods represent the products from Apple going forward, so they seem motivated to fix it. My concern is that they have to replace a unit, which means opening up the dashboard again...or in my case opening up my wallet for the dealership again.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Same here....if they even replace the one I have for free, I have to pay the dealer to put it back on again = more $. However, I asked them if they can some kind of firmware update so that the controls can be tranferred to the Seek button....crossing my fingures for it

1 - 17 of 17 Posts