Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
01 frontier , 89 Shelby CSX vnt
14,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well the good thing is gladys is fine ...

me and the harley however .....are boath messed up bad ....

before i even made the first payment a guy in a white ford van ran me off the road ....we were all trapped behind a old man in a crown vic doing 20 in a 45 ...the guy in the van lost his cool and went to pass everyone ....but clipped me doing it ...and kept going .....

cant really move my left arm between my shouler being messed up and the road rash on my elbow ...

soo ill be a bit of a ghost here for awhile .....

as for the bike ...i think i may just get rid of it if it isnt totalled ....

and it has renforced my hatred for florida ....

·
Registered
2005 Escalade 6.0L 2WD, 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD
3,725 Posts
Glad you are ok. I hope you were wearing your gear Stoney!
Don't give up on bikes just because of one *******! You won't quite driving a car if some jerk ran you off the road, right?

·
Registered
Hyundai Elantra
18,816 Posts
Damn, sorry Stoney. I'm glad you're not seriously injured.

·
Registered
95 Fleetwood Brougham / 01 DTS / 11 CTS Lux / 11 DTS Platinum
7,085 Posts
Glad you're OK man. It's a dangerous thing. All it takes is.... well you know. That kind of stupidity is exactly why I don't have a bike.

·
Registered
1999 STS - diamond white
5,229 Posts
You were very fortunate. It's usually not the rider, it's the 4-wheelers that cause most bike accidents. Glad to hear you are okay.

·
Super Moderator
2018 GMC Sierra, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
12,114 Posts
Damnit dude i'm glad you're OK. Every time I start thinking I'd like to have a bike to ride, medics drag another bloody carcas into the operating room and fill me full of good sense. Sell the bike man!

·
Registered
2017 Camaro ZL1; 2011 CTS-V sedan; 2004 Lightning
12,007 Posts
Glad it wasn't worse, man.

(note to self: resist the urge for a bike)

·
Registered
1989 Sedan DeVille is now just a fond memory ....
10,429 Posts
Glad you were able to walk away Mike. I still want another bike......

·
Registered
77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB
10,022 Posts
Glad to hear you're OK. Sorry about the bike, though. If it's any consolation, bikers don't get any more respect in any other state. Feel better.

Craig

·
Registered
04 ctsV platinum,maggied,rt cats,headers,corsa,stealth tune
4,750 Posts
It is only a matter of time on a bike!Glad your ok Stone

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
Man, I am really sorry to hear about that! I've been wondering how ya been lately..... That is a shame, how could somebody just drive off after hitting someone on a bike?

I woudln't give up on the bike.... but... I coudln't own a bike in FL either, drivers are horrible.... they are alot better in GA.

·
Registered
2017 Camaro ZL1; 2011 CTS-V sedan; 2004 Lightning
12,007 Posts
<threadjack> Newbury Park, 77CDV? I used to work at Amgen... </threadjack>

·
Registered
2005 Escalade 6.0L 2WD, 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD
3,725 Posts
You ride,you go down!Been there done that.You know somebody who rides that hasn' t went down?not me:confused:
Yes, several! A co-worker has gone 80,000 plus miles in 6 years, and not gone down. My Dad has ridden 20,000 miles with no accidents. That's the same as saying everyone in a car crashes! Not always true. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2004 Escalade, 07 Road King, 08 Challenger SRT8
712 Posts
I've ridden bikes for 21 years, well over 120,000 miles... not a scratch on me, or any bike I ever owned...

That being said, when I go down to Florida, and see what passes for driving down there... heh heh, the Riders down there have some real courage...

There are certainly idiots up here, but there is a respect factor and an awareness of the 2 wheeled vehicle... the insane party every 5 years, when Harleys take over the streets, literally, does tend to raise awareness...

1 - 20 of 46 Posts