Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Catera Sport
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day on my home from work I introduced my Catera to Mr. Tree. The tree didn't move by the way. Cruising down my long bumpy road at about 50 or so a huge puddle witch was some what icy and stretched across the road was unseen until I crested the hill blinding it. Anyway I ran right into the deep body of water and it turned the car sideways almost in to a spin. As I was trying to correct it while blind from the water covering the window I smacked a tree hard enough to bounce off and send me into a violent spin up the road and ultimately off into a ditch. The story gets better, for you that is... I get to my house right up the road and wake up one of my long time friends and roommate to help me get the car home. Its 5am mind you, coming home from working over night. So he grabs one of our trucks and I get the tow rope and we get everything hooked and the car out and realize my wheels are stuck steering right and locked as well. So we drag the thing home, tires screaming and the trucked side ways trying to keep the car from going off to the right. What a site to see.

Well I wanna fix it... :bonkers: crazy right... Dose anyone have a good body parts car for sale? I need the front to be good that's all.

1999 Catera Sport
Black ( Not picky about the color I can get it Painted )
Or make and offer. EVerything is mint besides what got damaged in the crash.
Thanks GUYZ!!

·
Registered
481 Posts
First, very sorry to hear about your crash. It's a total bummer and could not be worse luck. What the heck was ice doing there anyway in APRIL!!

Second, I completely understand your wanting to repair her. The 1999 Catera Sport is the rarest Catera of all. Your car is practically a collector's item and highly respected amongst Catera fanatics. VERY few 1999 Catera Sports were ever manufactured. They are extremely cool cars even when compared with other Cateras, all of which are special and very sweet rides. The interior of your car is especially extraordinary.

I don't really have any answers for you as to parts. That's a little bit the down side of owning any rare car. You might have to work somewhat harder to identify and locate what you need than would the owner of an average, more commonplace, Cat.

:worship:You car is NOT average, and it never has been commonplace.:worship:

And if you think you are picking up a little envy in this post, well, you sure got that right!! Even in wrecked condition, a 1999 Catera Sport remains the very best of the best.

·
Registered
1998 Cadillac Catera
24 Posts
eBay for new and used parts. I had a front end crash a few years ago. I picked up a new aftermarket rad for my catera on ebay for 200 shipped, compare that to 600-800 new at the dealer.

·
Registered
Catera
6 Posts
well I will tell you that my caddi got into a wreck, I got squashed in the middle. They wanted to total it, i refused! the check i got back was 4k or so for repairs. if it was beyond that they wouldnt pay out anymore. and its a 2000.

·
Registered
1999 Catera Sport
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
One of my friends has offered me $500 for the interior. I'm still unsure if I should part the year Catera. On one hand its a rare car and great to own. On the other hand its a rare car and crazy money to fix. Parts are gunna be tough to come across.
If I can get some good offers for the parts on my car I will just end up parting it out. Lots of good parts. I originally got the car rather cheap from a customer that didnt wanna fix it. There for I can let the parts go pretty reasonable. Let me know guys... thanks for the post

·
Registered
1999 Catera Sport
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How much do you think you could get if its totaled? I have a '97 so I'm curious.
not sure... I think i'd sell the whole thing for 1k. And im sure thats worth it to some one that could use most of the parts. If I part a it out ill make a lot mroe then that.

·
Registered
'97 Catera (Ocean)
463 Posts
Email me at <[email protected]> I gotta list lol...I need a lot of little things a few big things. I won't be able to afford the hole car plus shipping. But some of the other stuff may fit my budget, email me and we can talk more

·
Registered
Platinum 2001 Cadillac Catera Sport
1,840 Posts
On one hand its a rare car and great to own. On the other hand its a rare car and crazy money to fix. Parts are gunna be tough to come across.
Remember, it's still a Catera. Even though your '99 Sport is rare, no one outside our circle knows or cares. If you enjoy the car and the insurance comes through with the cash, then fix it. If you're on the fence then I suggest a different car. My love for my 2001 Catera Sport is fading. Between windows that stick down, door locks that need 3 or 4 stabs at the fob to lock or open, suspension knocks over bumps, an intermittent dead battery, a broken serpentine belt, and a dead Bose CD, I'm becoming disillusioned.

·
Registered
'97 Catera (Ocean)
463 Posts
Remember, it's still a Catera. Even though your '99 Sport is rare, no one outside our circle knows or cares. If you enjoy the car and the insurance comes through with the cash, then fix it. If you're on the fence then I suggest a different car. My love for my 2001 Catera Sport is fading. Between windows that stick down, door locks that need 3 or 4 stabs at the fob to lock or open, suspension knocks over bumps, an intermittent dead battery, a broken serpentine belt, and a dead Bose CD, I'm becoming disillusioned.

My suspension just started doing the same thing...Sounds like the strut on mine, but I think I'm going to do a whole suspension overhaul. All OEM, not lowered or converted, trying to get as close to OEM as possible.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts