Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2008 DTS
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many crankshaft sensors and camshaft sensors are in the 2008 Northstar V8?
Also…If you happen to have the Delco part numbers.

Thanks

·
Administrator
2002 F55 STS, 2014 Explorer XLT, F-150s
75,008 Posts
Should be one CMP, one CKP.

CMP in the front end of the right (rear) bank cylinder head - at the front of the exhaust cam.
CKP under the intake manifold, down in the valley.

www.rockauto.com

·
Registered
2008 DTS
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Understood! Going back to look at this “nightmare“ I have in my driveway. A few days ago I connected the battery back to the vehicle and went to scan the trouble codes, of which all had been erased. Apparently the OBO had lost it’s memory with regards to the stored codes. Also, I noticed the car alarm system no longer works. When in the past, I would connect the battery and the alarm would sound after a few seconds…now it no longer does that. Everything else functions correctly with the fob…but no alarm functionality. I ordered up the CMP and CKP and will install them on Monday evening.

·
Registered
2008 DTS
1,443 Posts
You only asked about the CMP and CKP sensors, but sounds like you have more problems than that. The computer loosing it's memory is a bad sign, the codes should stay stored even with the battery disconnected.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
88,553 Posts
Unless it was changed with the DTS in '05, pulling battery power should clear all codes.

·
Registered
2008 DTS
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited by Moderator)
You only asked about the CMP and CKP sensors, but sounds like you have more problems than that. The computer loosing it's memory is a bad sign, the codes should stay stored even with the battery disconnected.
With a long term outage?

Unless it was changed with the DTS in '05, pulling battery power should clear all codes.
I’ve found this to be the case…After my sensors arrive I’ll try once again to regain control.
Any other clue as to the case I’m might be up against?

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
88,553 Posts
I'm not sure if the alarm is supposed to sound when reconnecting the battery. I have never experienced that.

I'd see what happens after you get the new sensors installed. Maybe pull the codes again, but remember that most code readers will only read PCM (P) codes. Anything related to the alarm would be a Body (B) code.

·
Registered
2008 DTS
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Should be one CMP, one CKP.

CMP in the front end of the right (rear) bank cylinder head - at the front of the exhaust cam.
CKP under the intake manifold, down in the valley.

www.rockauto.com

I'm not sure if the alarm is supposed to sound when reconnecting the battery. I have never experienced that.

I'd see what happens after you get the new sensors installed. Maybe pull the codes again, but remember that most code readers will only read PCM (P) codes. Anything related to the alarm would be a Body (B) code.
Well…I wanted to get back to ya regarding my “on-going” 2008 DTS “No Run” HEADACHE!
I took the time to install both the CMP and CKP sensors and still no start.

Anything else you might have in mind for me to check/replace? The car turns over however, fails to start And I’m at a complete loss! It’s just crazy how one day your car is running/drive able and the next day…It’s dead in the water.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
88,553 Posts
Back to basics.
Do you have fuel pressure at key on?
Are the injectors working?
If the above are both yes, start looking at ignition.

·
Registered
2008 DTS
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Back to basics.
Do you have fuel pressure at key on?
Are the injectors working?
If the above are both yes, start looking at ignition.
Yes fuel pressure is delivered…Checked the pressure and It’s sprayed out.
I changed the fuel pump (GM Pump) on my first go around. Ignition…where should I start looking? I can seem to find any good viable direction for troubleshooting this problem online.
I can’t believe that America hasn’t had this occurrence…

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
88,553 Posts
Might start with the fuel injector fuses. I think thy are marked as IGN 1 & 2.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
88,553 Posts
If fuel is OK, then it's probably ignition. Maybe the ICM? Try starting it and then pull the DCT's again and see if anything comes up. Other than that, I'm out of idea's.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts