Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, so I have a 2005 Cadillac CTS and it won’t start. It will crank but it won’t start at all. All lights and everything on the inside works perfectly fine. Any suggestions for this? I was thinking maybe it needs a new ecu, or crankshaft position sensor. It has random misfires when I was able to drive it around but after letting it sit for maybe a day compared to it starting up with no problem, it won’t start up at all.

·
Registered
08 STS 1SG HUD ACC F55 AWD, 08 STS 1SG Platinum HUD ACC F55 RWD
405 Posts
Mileage, history, and codes will help the forum help you. Check fuses and relays (cheap and easy). Some people do not realize that nowadays a blown fuse can stop a car from starting. Spray some starting fluid into the intake as you are cranking. Does it seem to catch and almost start or actually start for a few seconds? Report back your results for more help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mileage, history, and codes will help the forum help you. Check fuses and relays (cheap and easy). Some people do not realize that nowadays a blown fuse can stop a car from starting. Spray some starting fluid into the intake as you are cranking. Does it seem to catch and almost start or actually start for a few seconds? Report back your results for more help.
Do you know by any chance how many there are? The crank sensors that is. I know there’s bank 1 & bank 2 but is that all there is? & I’ll have to try the starting fluid hack. If it does indeed catch would it be my sensors or something else?

·
Registered
08 STS 1SG HUD ACC F55 AWD, 08 STS 1SG Platinum HUD ACC F55 RWD
405 Posts
Acting like it is going to start or starting for a second would indicate a fuel problem. No change indicates spark/electrical problems. People who do not diagnose and test tend to spend lots more money. Do not just start buying parts. Narrow your problem down into smaller and smaller "boxes" until you know what the problem is. Still nothing about mileage, history, or codes so sorry that my help is not as good as it could be.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts