Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6. The engine seized up, so I replaced it with a 2006 engine. My problem is that it cranks, but will not start. If I try starting it a lot it starts to smell like gas. I tested the spark, and it gets spark, but it’s dull, and slow. Also it kinda sounds like it’s cranking slower than usual. Do you think this could be the crankshaft sensor, and should I put the 07 Sensor in the 06?

·
Registered
2007 CTS 2.7L
498 Posts
Possibly crank or cam sensor. You have spark but not igniting the gas suggests it is not firing properly. Did you check all the Coils and plugs?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I checked all of the plugs I put new spark plugs in, and now all 6 cylinders have heathy bright spark my fuel pressure is good as well. I did notice last night that it back fired out of the intake. So it might have something to do with timing, or low compression. Just hard to tell, but the 07, and the 06 look identical to each other.

Thanks for replying

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im in the same boat. Good compression, spark at all coils, brand new plugs, gapped before installed, fuel injectors spray on command via tech 2, 42psi at rail, consistent cranking with no start up. Gonna change these 4 camshaft position sensors tomorrow and let you know my outcome. its not throwing any codes which sucks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right needs to start to throw some codes. Did you go 07 to 06 engine as well? When I try to start it, it sounds like everything is firing at the wrong time. Like on the stokes nothing is matching

·
Registered
2 Posts
PLEASE? Let me know what you have determined. I am so very frustrated with this "no start!" I dont know what to do . Any help and/or information you can provide is very much appreciated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts