Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
That particular task is not listed in the standard allowance table as it not considered a normal procedure. However, the time allowed to dealers for a warranty repair is 1.4 hours including realigning the rear suspension. The deviation between warranty time allowances (to the dealer) and those not under warranty (to customers) varies, but in theory should not exceed two hours. My guess is most shops will ask for at least 3-4 hours.

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,975 Posts
If you're comfortable with doing this type of stuff yourself, all you need is a 1/2" breaker bar, a couple of big six-point sockets (can't recall exact sizes, but big ... 22-24 mm?), a couple of floor jacks, a couple of jack stands, and a cheater bar. There is a rather high torque on the bolts you need to loosen, so make sure you get a lengthy cheater bar. I used a six-foot piece of PVC tubing I had laying around. It needs to be somewhat hefty. And BE CAREFUL supporting your car.

If you have to buy all this stuff, it's stuff you need around your garage anyway. :rolleyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts