Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had one of my headlights burn out and when I took the car to the dealer I found out that a rock or something had hit the headlight and cracked it allowing moisture inside. This caused the light to eventually burn out. They said if I replaced just the HID that it would burn out again soon. Couldn't believe the price to get it all replaced. Over $500 cdn for the HID and $1800 for the housing. Damn near collapsed. Called my insurance and it will fortunately be covered under my comprehensive coverage with only a $300 deductable. Has anyone else had a similar problem? Wondering if there is something that can help prevent stones from damaging the lights????

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
You can get some 3M clear light covers.

Is your insurance company cutting you a check? If so you can find these assemblies on ebay for $100-$200 for a side and you can pocket quite a bit. Since you have a $300 deductable it might make sense to check eBay out before you get it done because you might find one for less than your deductable. I purchased a full set (Both Sides) of Brand New HID's on Ebay for $380 a few months ago.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Even worse is that with HID's, the older the bulb the bluer the tint. If the bulbs are not the same age then one will appear bluer then the other. If you can live with that then that's fine but I know if one of mine burn out, I'll have to replace both so the colors match.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Yeah that color shift is great if you have stock or 5300K bulbs, but it sucks if you have 6000k and up. The more color the less lumens. I have 6000k now but I should have gone with 5000k bulbs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
CarToys