Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
White Diamond 2009 CTS DI AWD FE2 (Fully Loaded)
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well folks, I was very happy just over three weeks ago when I posted pics of the new 22" wheels I had mounted onto my baby. BUT, my joy was short lived as I fell victim to a perfectly placed crater/pot hole on the highway this past Saturday. I cracked my front passenger side rim and bent the rear passenger wheel. I was hopeful that they could be fixed but I was informed today that two new rims and a new tire are necessary.

Damn Jersey roads. Well over a thousand bucks in the trash. :banghead:

Attachments

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
70,672 Posts
Maybe not. Look at www.wheelcollision.com in Bath, PA, above Philly.

BUT, that's one thing that 22's do: the loss of sidewall height plays hell with the ride and ability of the suspension to absorb shock ................................(as in: s u s p e n s i o n )

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
After looking all around that guy's website, I am making a trip back to PA. (Check out the various parts of his site, you will see what I mean. And don't forget to look at a few of the wheels he shows too.)

I visit a ton of garages, dealers, etc, but I ain't never seen nothing like this guy has!!

·
Registered
'08 CTS DI (PDR, UAV, Y40, former GM Exec Vehicle)
29 Posts
Did either of them deflate?
Reading this just reinforces why I took out the Inflator Kit and put in the Compact Spare Tire Kit # 19163349 for $250.

·
Registered
White Diamond 2009 CTS DI AWD FE2 (Fully Loaded)
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its funny that you ask because neither tire deflated when I hit the original pot hole last weekend. HOWEVER, I hit another pot hole yesterday, bent the same two rims (again), and deflated the rear passenger side tire. I've been trying to drive carefully but some of these Jersey roads are like minefields. It can get ridiculous in certain areas.

To make matters even worse it happened as I was returning from an All-White party so I pulled over expecting to have to change the tire while dressed in all white. :banghead: To my surprise, I quickly realized that I was never given the key to the wheel locks when I bought the rims so I couldn't change the tire. :bomb: I ended up driving home on the deflated tire and had the car towed to the shop this morning. They gave me the wheel lock key and replaced the wheel with one of the factory wheels.

Oh yeah, I ordered to new wheels online last week and I suspect that the seller is full of BS. Things definitely haven't gone as expected with the wheels. I'm tempted to go with 20s and have even considered going back to stock. But its tough to go back after seeing the 22s and the factory wheels side by side.

·
Registered
CTS
54 Posts
I feel your pain! While our roads are probably a little better out here than NJ, I still managed to break two FORGED rims on my previous car during a trip to Lake Tahoe a couple of years ago (don't know what the heck I hit but it broke my CD changer as well!). I hope you can get them fixed, in my case FORGED = NOFIX + ????. That is one of the prices you pay for super low profile tires, unfortunately. Good Luck!

·
Registered
2019 CTS
2,898 Posts
Insurance will pay for your new wheels and tires. Covered under roadbed collision. Fortunately only one deductible for both wheels and tires.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts