Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Escalade Luxury AWD
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a long time lurker, but this is my first post. I've learned a lot from this site regarding Escalades and Cadillacs in general.

I purchased a 2010 Escalade Luxury AWD in January with 43K miles that has about a year of the CPO limited warranty left. I have several questions regarding what's covered that maybe someone can answer.

1. The emblems front and back are both fading; the black trim around the windows is fading as well.

2. The dash (piece close to the windshield) cracked about 2 weeks ago.

Is anyone familiar if those things mentioned above are covered by the CPO warranty? Thanks.

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Platinum, 2014 S550
1,650 Posts
Unfortunately those items are only covered under the original B2B warrantee. No extended or CPO will cover trim items. I have an 09 and had them do the front and rear emblems under the original warrantee as well as all 4 interior door handles( pealing chrome ) Center console button ( pealing chrome ), 3 of the 4 black window trim, 4th went several months later, they would not cover it. Water in headlight covered after pushing them a bit on this one....

Bottom line, any dealership can do what ever they want for customer satisfaction, they can do if for free or give you a good discount. Its all about bass, no treble....

·
Registered
171 Posts
Is CPO transferable?

I stop by local GM dealer and guy said it's not.I was kind surprised but knowing CPO comes with vehicle, not the owner.

·
Registered
2010 Escalade Luxury AWD
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
phlfly said:
Is CPO transferable? I stop by local GM dealer and guy said it's not.I was kind surprised but knowing CPO comes with vehicle, not the owner.
I was told by the service advisor at the Cadillac dealer about a month ago that the car still was covered.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Dealer just replaced all 4 wheels under the b2b cpo warrenty on my 2010 48000 miles because of chrome problems. He said warrenty covered all trim.

·
Registered
2010 Escalade Luxury AWD
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
papajoe45140 said:
Dealer just replaced all 4 wheels under the b2b cpo warrenty on my 2010 48000 miles because of chrome problems. He said warrenty covered all trim.
Great. That's good to know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts