Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 1 month ago, my courtesy lights, cig lighters, glove box light, map lights, trunk and hood lights and visor lights all stopped working at the same time. The fuses are still good for these items, so I'm stumped. I did notice in the owner's manual that there is a mechanism which turns these items off to prevent battery drain after 15 minutes, but power should be restored when the door is opened again. These items not only fail to work when entering the car at night, but they can't be manually turned on from the headlight switch either. Has anyone encountered this problem, or can you suggest possible things to check other than taking the car in for an expensive electrical diagnosis? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, rudye

·
Registered
2003 STS w/BoseNav, 1993 Deville, 1985 Deville
1,089 Posts
Sounds like the batt-saver circuit is malfunctioning. Which car is this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry for leaving this info out. The car is a 1999 Cadillac DeVille. Does the batt save function work off of a seperate fuse? Thanks.

·
Registered
2003 STS w/BoseNav, 1993 Deville, 1985 Deville
1,089 Posts
Maybe someone out there has access to the Factory Service Manual for the 1999 Deville. I would suspect that the battsaver module may be malfunctioning or have a blown fuse. I hope it's something simple.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts