Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 DTS
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear fellow owners. I have owned this 06 DTS for a couple of years (bought it used) and on occasion the lights below the doors will stay on when the door is closed. The dome lights will go out every time so I am assuming it would not be related to a door switch. Not being a mechanic I am assuming there is a relay that may be sticking
that keeps the door lights on. I can cycle the door locks with my remote and sometimes that works. Is there one relay / component for these lights I can just replace?

Thanks,

Airboat2

·
Registered
2006 DTS
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Seems that after reading the manual these lights are called puddle lights located on the bottom of each door. Maybe that would help if someone knows the answer.
Thanks,
Airboat2

·
Registered
2011 DTS Platinum
4,633 Posts
Dear fellow owners. I have owned this 06 DTS for a couple of years (bought it used) and on occasion the lights below the doors will stay on when the door is closed. The dome lights will go out every time so I am assuming it would not be related to a door switch. Not being a mechanic I am assuming there is a relay that may be sticking
that keeps the door lights on. I can cycle the door locks with my remote and sometimes that works. Is there one relay / component for these lights I can just replace?

Thanks,

Airboat2
My 2006 started doing that when it was a couple of years old...
I reset the entire elect system and sanded the area where the bolt from the ground cable bolts to the floor..
After doing that, it never happened again.

Remove BOTH battery cables... negative cable FIRST...
Touch both cables together for 5 seconds or so, making sure they have good contact with each other.
This will drain all the capacitors in the system.

While you have the cables off... undo the one bolted to the floor.
Take a little piece of sandpaper and sand the paint away from the attachment point.
It will then have a better ground.

Re-attach the battery cables... negative cable LAST...
You will have to do the window EXPRESS UP learn again and you MAY have to do the memory seat settings again.
Sometimes they will forget the seat settings and sometimes they don't.

·
Registered
2006 DTS
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Superjim,

Well, I went ahead and did what you suggested - cleaned the ground, drained the caps, etc... Now that I am reading your instructions again the only thing I did not do in sequence was the
battery cables. I did the positive last, and since tried it all day yesterday with no issue. This morning went to move the car, closed the door and the light was stuck on again. The only way I have noticed to take care of this is opening and closing the door a few times and then it will go off. Do you think it may be a switch in the drivers door? It does not happen on the other three doors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts