·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
67,262 Posts

·
1995 ETC
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Code 13 is oxygen sensor, code 18 is camshaft sensor, code 26 is QDM A circuit #2 fault, code 44 is a lean oxygen sensor

Car showed no IPC,ACP,SIR,or TCS Codes.

·
Registered
98 Eldorado
196 Posts
No problem - there are several Northstar freaks in here. All good info.

Here's some more homework - but remember the coolant supplement tablet discontinuance thing ........... The Archive was written by a CF member who was a GM Northstar System powertrain engineer. Gospel.

You probably want to run a synthetic or blend "high mileage" 10W-30 oil. It contains a bit more anti-scuff additives to protect the flat tappet cam followers.
I thought I have read that the coolant tablet has been reversed to not to use?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
67,262 Posts
Please read Post #2 again.

I wasn't specific enough on the supplement tablet thing. The Tech Archive was written way back in 2003 - 3 years before the first TSB on tablets being discontinued - so there is reference to using them. My caveat was meant to "remember, they're not used any more" except on direct advice from a Cadillac field rep to "cure" a specific problem for a specific customer.

·
1995 ETC
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
How would I go about getting the suspension checked out? Just take it in and have it inspected. I would really like to have everything right on the car but am scared of the hefty price tag that comes with this suspension.
With modern computer controlled engines, the "tune-up" should not be necessary if correct maintenance (fluids and filters) is done accordingly to manufacturer's specifications. Look at the service history if you have it.

Service ride control means a suspension problem. First, let a corner of the car bounce with your hands then let it go. It should get back without bouncing. If it bounces the shock absorber is dead. Also listen to the self levelling suspension compressor, if it pumps too often the rear self-levelling suspension may be dead too.

The suspension of your car may be an adaptive one. Replacement shocks are prohibitively expensive when available. You may have to switch to regular ones with a trick to fool the car's computer. This depends on the car's year and I don't know it precisely.

Nice to keep the family's car, keep on the good work!

·
1995 ETC
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Just got it back yesterday from getting a tune up and new fuel filter. Runs a lot better in my opinion. Happy thanksgiving!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts