Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1999 White STS Z-Rated Massage seats 140k original
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night i was at work got off someone slid into my car...back driver side door smashed in GOOD...good things....hit dead center door....opens clean no rub or anything but its just mangled so my question is....how would i go about replacing the "shell" or would i be better off doing a whole door?....or pay a body shop 1200 ?......what u guys think? Thank you.

P.s.

Im devastated :(

·
Administrator
2002 F55 STS, 2014 Explorer XLT, F-150s
74,505 Posts
The whole door - the window mechanism is also probably toast.

Local yard or www.car-part.com.

:nono: bummer..........

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So the whole door ...window works but who knows what it looks like inside.....iis this really difficult to swap a door ? Seems like it would be!! I have rear heated seats is that common cause im ganna want a door with the button on it lol. This sucks!!! Car body was flawless

·
Registered
2006 STS V Tango int
2,341 Posts
Yes its verrrrry common 95% of all 98-04 sevilles have rear heated seats, I don't think I've even seen one with out. Also sorry to hear about the door that really sucks I would be quite heated if someone ran into mine

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok cool thats good to know!...so i guess wat im ganna do is try to find a door!! Ive never took a door off before this should be fun. Is there any tips or extra tools i might need? do these doors come of easilly ?

A

·
Registered
not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350
7,705 Posts
Yes its verrrrry common 95% of all 98-04 sevilles have rear heated seats, I don't think I've even seen one with out. Also sorry to hear about the door that really sucks I would be quite heated if someone ran into mine
iv seen a couple without heated seats but only down south when i would search on ebay or just go threw auto trader for a boring day to check things out never saw anything up this way without heater seats before

·
Registered
not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350
7,705 Posts
I bet you could pick up a Entire door from a locale bone yard Complete door if they have it without having anyting removed for around 400 or 500 dollars
if you buy all the parts seprate youll probably be around 600-700 but
sometimes the yards around here wont even split up good parts if the door is in good shape then they wont even part out the windows from them sometimes they just want to sell the entire door as one

for me it was the passanger front and rear door that got damaged week before last cause someone did a hit and run on me in a parking lot
to repair the scratches and molding on the front door repair the dent in rear door repaint rear door blend paint on front door i was queated 1150 dollars

the insurance had there own adjusted look at it and they approved 1100 of that so thaats what its costing me
do you not have full coverage insurance question
if you do why not just pay the deductible and let the insurance pay the rest assuming you dont have a 1000 dollar deductible

·
Registered
08 cts 68k, 07 STS-V 15K, 97 Sts 160k
302 Posts
Go to LQK it is used car parts basically they take good parts off of wrecked cars and resell them. They will probably ship you the whole door allot cheaper than you will get one from a dealer. You will most likely need to have it repainted. This will save you from having to find one in a bone yard the picking work is done for you and shipped to your house. I have bought many things from them and they are fair prices and are guaranteed. So if you get it and you don't like it return it. No charge.http://www.lkqcorp.com/ look up the closest store to you they are nation wide. The internet says the part is not near your location but call them and they will look around for you. Or at least the one near me would..

There are 5 locations within 50 miles of zip 48080 I picked this one
LKQ of Michigan
41247 E. Huron River
Belleville, MI 48111

Local: 734-699-6709
Toll Free: 800-686-8494
Fax: 734-699-7822

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow thank you all you guys. Im checking out that website sub posted then im calling the place in michigan right after!!!! Im in metro detroit so hopefully they got something for me!!

Anyone know if a door is difficult to get off and on!?!

Thanks again guys

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And hey pup i just seen ur question...i dont have full coverage on the caddy i payed 3k for it 6 months ago so i just didnt want to spend 189 a month for full coverage so yea i wont be goin thru insurance which sucks lol

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
You have to remove the door panel and window glass and regulator to gain access to the connector for the door harness. The door unbolts pretty simply, but a door from a different car may not line up perfectly without adjustment. Also, even if your car and the new door have the same color factory paint, it may not match perfectly, you might have to get it painted/blended anyway.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just called 3 places.... I can get a door (not the same color) with "everything" cheapest 75$ and the most expensive was 150$ ... I know a really good/pricey paint guy..... Is this a good route to go ? lol it really seems like my only choice! !

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i found a door same color full door everything with it...150!! hope it looks good going to check it our right now!!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
NOT BAD AT ALL FOR 150 Bucks SURE BEATS 1150 at a bodyshop!, hope this goes on easy.. bro said it was off of a 02 .

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well guys i went with the door from a yard and i took my door panel off smoothly (thanks to the thread) and heres some before and after pics paint dont match bad at all

thanks again

·
Administrator
2002 F55 STS, 2014 Explorer XLT, F-150s
74,505 Posts
Nice work. You now qualify as a wrencher...............!!! :highfive:

Hint: Now spend the $12.50 at a dealer or www.paintscratch.com to get a paint rattle stick and blend in all the bolt heads on the hinges...........:cool2:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts