Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6, 2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack, M6
6,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my Cadillac ATS in another city and chose Coulter as my servicing dealer.

Over the years, they performed a few minor recalls, replaced something related to the navigation GPS, and some camshaft controller. They did a good job with all those.

Recently, the CUE screen stopped responding to touch. I brought the car in for that problem and Coulter confirmed the problem and scheduled a date to replace the CUE screen.

A conflict arose and I called a few days before to say I would reschedule. My call went to the voicemail of the service advisor. I followed up with an email to him. There was no response but none was needed.

The day before the appointment I received an email reminding me I needed to bring the car in the next day. I called again to tell the service advisor I had cancelled that appointment and got voicemail. I followed up with an email. There was no response.

When I had time to pursue the problem again, I called the service advisor to make an appointment but just got voicemail. I followed up with an email. There was no response.

That repeated several times and eventually I found myself near the dealer in my other car and stopped to make an appointment.

I was told, they could not make an appointment until I brought the ATS in another time for them to confirm the problem. I showed him the email confirming the original appointment to replace the screen plus I had printed out several of my emails to them and played a recording of a representative message to the service writer's voicemail. The service writer had no explanation for not responding to any of them, claiming he never got any emails or voice mails. I asked to talk to the Service manager about the problems with their email and phone system and the service writer told me not to do that because he was planning to show him the copies of the emails himself.

So, I brought the car in yet another time for them to confirm the problem and make an appointment to replace the screen. Since they did not have the part in stock, I told him I wanted to wait to make the appointment until they had the part. I was told it usually only takes a few days at most to get this part but they would NOT start the process to get the part UNTIL they had the car. That meant that the car would be unavailable for our use for several days for a job that takes less than an hour to do.

I dropped the car off and was told the part is somewhere in town and they would be done that day or tomorrow and I was given a ride home.

The next morning, I was told the car would not be ready that day, so I asked for a loaner. They claimed to not have a loaner, so came to pick me up at my home and bring me to the dealer so I could retrieve my ATS until they had the part.

It was several days before I could bring the car in for the 5th or 6th time (lost count) and they replaced the screen in less than an hour.

I guess the point is: think twice before using Coulter Cadillac for service unless you have a LOT of free time and gasoline to make numerous unnecessary trips.

·
Registered
'02 ETC CE, '04 CTS-V, '04 XLR, '13 XTS Platinum
2,849 Posts
Not to excuse the Service Adviser for not responding, but you didn't do yourself any favors.

Next time, don't waste time with the Service Adviser if you feel you're being ignored. Go straight to the Service Manager and explain the situation. You might be pleasantly surprised at the amount of attention you receive.

·
Super Moderator
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6, 2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack, M6
6,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not to excuse the Service Adviser for not responding, but you didn't do yourself any favors.

Next time, don't waste time with the Service Adviser if you feel you're being ignored. Go straight to the Service Manager and explain the situation. You might be pleasantly surprised at the amount of attention you receive.
Good point. So, also avoid the dealer if you don't want to waste time going up the chain of command.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts