Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
You're SO RIGHT! Too damn many kids getting WAY more car (or motorcycle) than they should have because mommy and daddy can afford it and think it's a great way to show little Johnny how much they care. :rolleyes:
And then when the kid does something like this (or worse) they're either SO surprised, or they are pissed at the kid. Some parents are SO CLUELESS!

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
That kid needs a good ass-kicking and the parents need to be beaten down with wooden bats.

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
My question is why is the car rice? Because its from Japan? So all stock cars from Japan are rice now? :rolleyes: the car looks stock, no huge wings, stock wheels, no body kit, stock paint job, no decals with parts its doesn't have. I think someone's just jealous that they can't afford a 350Z. Hell it would smoke any Cadillac! :bouncy:

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BlackoutSpecV said:
My question is why is the car rice? Because its from Japan? So all stock cars from Japan are rice now? :rolleyes: the car looks stock, no huge wings, stock wheels, no body kit, stock paint job, no decals with parts its doesn't have. I think someone's just jealous that they can't afford a 350Z. Hell it would smoke any Cadillac! :bouncy:
rice can be used in many different ways...rice: a vehicle of or being from japan. Also, Maybe because it is a orange neeesonnn sports car. I'd give its rice rating a 5 out of 10, rice nevertheless.

On another note....Maybe someone can afford to spend his hard earned salary on a 350z but doesn't choose to because he's 6'7'' and can't fit in the tiny cockpit of a 350z...let alone want one. Maybe thats why someone drives a Caddy. SUCKA.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Elvis said:
Poor little tree.
I am just fine! :D

No really...that sucks! Some kids are still very inmature at that age...but not like you Wes! I do think it's the parents fault...if he was in a full-bodied Caddy..the poor lil ol tree would not be standing at all! :)

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
If he was in a full-bodied Caddy, he probably wouldn't have noticed the tree. Just hose it off when you get home.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Ok first off that's really sad. Poor Z. Next, how the **** could you call that rice? That's an insult. I love that 350Zs. That's a stock Z, and it's very fast too. When I hear rice, I think of a honda civic, and a 350Z is diffenatly not a Honda Civic.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
who cares if its rice or not, how F'n stupid do you have to be to hit a tree that far into someones yard?? Doesnt look like the street was wet. Any story as to how it happened?

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
me think he means on a road course track. Then we just call Jeff and his Super Fleetwood.

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
the Sandman said:
Only for a few more months until the CTS-V is released. Then...buh bye Z.
Well not really.....in 2005 Nissan will be unveiling the 350Z TT *TT means twin turbo by the way* but we shall see if Nissan will follow through with this promise.
Oh and here is one of the time's posted by one of them members of the 350Zforums....
R/T .517
60' 1.94
330' 5.68
1/8 E.T. 8.77
1/8 mph 80.35
1000' 11.42
1000' mph 92.19
1/4 E.T. 13.66
1/4 mph 101.4

Thats a properly driven 350Z is capable of and not one driven by some idiot who just happens to have enough money to buy one. So Katshot.....whenever your ready to race a properly driven one be my guest! Just let me know how it goes ok? ;) P.S: Those times were for the Touring Edition and not the Track edition with the 6MT.

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
AirJigga25 said:
rice can be used in many different ways...rice: a vehicle of or being from japan. Also, Maybe because it is a orange neeesonnn sports car. I'd give its rice rating a 5 out of 10, rice nevertheless.

On another note....Maybe someone can afford to spend his hard earned salary on a 350z but doesn't choose to because he's 6'7'' and can't fit in the tiny cockpit of a 350z...let alone want one. Maybe thats why someone drives a Caddy. SUCKA.
OK then how about your 1997 Seville SLS vs. the 350Z....

Seville specs: 275-hp @ 5600RPM
300 lb.-ft. @ 4000RPM out of a 4.6 Northstar....not bad. But the car weighs 3832 lbs.

Nissan 350Z: 3.5 V6: 287-hp @ 6,200 rpm
274 lbs.-ft. @ 4,800 rpm. And the car weighs 3,225 lbs. Much better.

Then you talked about how big of a guy you were and all. So how about interior specs for the two.

350Z: Front legroom 42.6"
Front headroom 38.2"
Front hiproom 53.9"
Front shoulder room 53.6"

Seville: Front legroom 43.0"
Front headroom 38.0"
Front hiproom 55.0"
Front shoulder room 58.9"

So the 350Z has .4" less leg room, .2" more head room, 1.1" less hip room, 5.3" shoulder room *decent amount less then the Seville*

So you have a hard time getting out of the 350Z? hmmm......if you say so. So the specs for the two speak for themselves. Once again Japanese technology wins against American muscle. And only paying $32K for it I feel is a much better deal then an SLS *since a few people think Caddy's are drag racers *cough*katshot*cough* :p Oh and by the way......if I was paying $50k for a "luxury" car I wouldn't want it to be FWD. 350Z (1) SLS (0) SUCKA! :D

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
MMNineInchNails said:
Ok first off that's really sad. Poor Z. Next, how the **** could you call that rice? That's an insult. I love that 350Zs. That's a stock Z, and it's very fast too. When I hear rice, I think of a honda civic, and a 350Z is diffenatly not a Honda Civic.
When I think of rice I think of Honda's mainly, but any car with pointless bodykit's, pointless wings, etc. that is rice. But a stock car from Japan doesn't mean its rice. Its an import. So treat it as so. Because that car will kick the crap out of 90% of the cars that are in production today. But whenever I hear guys say rice this and rice that, that leads me to believe a few things.
1. They're jealous because a car for about half the price will smoke them no problem.

2. Wish they could have one but had to go to the local used car lot and find a Cadillac for $7000 or less since Caddy's hold their value oh so well!

3. Cadillac owner: "But, but, but, I paid $50k+ and all I got was FWD!" *RWD envy*
So I can't wait to hear what people have to say to this tomorrow. So I am looking forward to this!!!! :bouncy:

·
Registered
989 Posts
You don't know me very well, but if you did you'd know i hate ricers. I only have a limited few jap car favs. I like the 350zs, 300zx tt, '87 mitsu starion, and skylines. Other than that I don't like japenesse cars. I HATE hondas with a passion.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
56 Replies
16 Participants
elwesso