Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Seville STS
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sts.jpg I have a couple of codes i am trying to finish up, just bought this sts and i beleive it is missing some vacuum lines, any help would be greatly appreciated. Arrows to what i think is missing is on the pic,

Pcm - p0300 mis
p0452 fuel low cir

Codes could this be the cause?

Thanks

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
73,500 Posts
The black thingy with the vacuum hoses and electrical connector is the EVAP purge solenoid. A vacuum line at each end - one from the canister ( which is under the driver's side rear door, up in the frame), one to the throttlebody.

Pull back a ways and post another picture - the small bumps appear to be nothing - there's another in the lower right corner of the pic.

Is there a vacuum diagram on a sticker on the hood by the driver's side hinge ??

P0452 is a fuel tank pressure sensor or vacuum line/filler cap fault. You need to trace the entire fuel tank EVAP system - from the pump module down to the EVAP canister to the EVAP solenoid. Check the gas cap - that will also set this code. Worst case - your fuel filler neck is beginning to rust out. Not all that uncommon.

·
Registered
1998 Seville STS
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I looked more closely and they are nothing, just spots for bolts. I was looking for the diagram, but it was torn off.

·
Registered
1996 Eldorado
2,814 Posts
That looks like the #1 bank & #1 spark plug and those holes mount the coil pack for cars that get then on the frt. of bank 1. Some are mounted at the rear of bank1. The tank & canister purge to the TB. Its entirely possible you have a motor or other upper engine parts change/retrofit. It would be nice to know the history of repairs if unknown. Some cars have fuel tank pressure sensors related to this purge system & others did not.(pre 98' maybe)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts