Cadillac Owners Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
There's about a third that is so flaming liberal they buy into any guilt trip they can find.

There's also a conservative third who would vote for Nixon again.

The middle third decides elections.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Now I'm REALLY depressed! Thanks. God I hope you're wrong. I can't fathom a full third of the electorate being THAT liberal. If so, that's just another reason why this country will never get it together. Too many IDIOTS!!!!:thepan:

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
Katshot said:
I hope you're wrong.
I have been, MANY times. :mad:

I'm just looking back at past presidential elections. Neither party ever does worse than 38% in the popular vote.

The thing that bothers me the most right now is how much HATRED :mad2: there is between the two parties and their constituencies. People like McCain, Biden, Specter, and Bayh are trying to moderately work things out but Kennedy, Frist, Pelosi, Boxer, and Santorum just seem to be widening the chasm.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
I've been saying it for years, the 2-party system we have has got to go before this country will be able to ever get things done. Both sides waste more time, money and effort working against each other. If they spent that same combined energy on fixing this country, we WOULD be the best in the world without a doubt.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Katshot said:
I've been saying it for years, the 2-party system we have has got to go before this country will be able to ever get things done. Both sides waste more time, money and effort working against each other. If they spent that same combined energy on fixing this country, we WOULD be the best in the world without a doubt.
I bet countries all over the world are saying the same thing.

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
Katshot said:
For a society that claims to be so advanced we sure go out of our way to perpetuate a system that is so obviously corrupt and counter-productive.
We need the two-party system. How else can we make sure that the "wrong people" don't get in charge? :thepan:

41 - 48 of 48 Posts