Cadillac Owners Forum banner

cotton anniversary for my ATS today

870 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  The Black Stig 
#1 ·
Time for my 2 year ownership update.

I am at 42000kms(26K miles) and the car is still a fantastic driving car.

The interior size is beginning to become an issue(reason to trade for a CT5-V). It is still liveable for our family of 3, but a little more room wouldn't hurt.

On our last family road trip, I had my first blowout in 32 years of driving. We hit a pothole, when changing lanes on the 401(busiest highway in North America) which left a 3" gash in the sidewall of my winter tire. The ATS doesn't have a spare tire, so I had to call Cadillac roadside assistance. It took me an hour to explain where we were, as the Cadillac GPS app was finding us on a nearby side road. The car was towed to the nearest Cadillac dealer where they had a WS80 in stock.

Other than the tire issue, the car hasn't had any real issues. The CUE system replacement before turned out to be a software update, and now that has been applied. Rear axles seals were replaced once.
I had to do brake maintenance on the last oil change/service.
Total maintenance costs so far
Brake service: $214.68
Replacement tire and alignment: $414.35
Summer wheel setup(used): $1000
Winter tires: $1102.79
Total: $2731.82

Gas spent in the last 2 years: $5789.33

At the Strip

Base model brakes

Summer setup

Tech inspectors love seeing baby seats

1500km road trip to pick up my new cabriolet

Flat tire

See less See more
#2 ·
The CT5 would be a good upgrade in terms of rear leg room, but for taller people the sloping roof is going to cause problems. Up front I found the ATS to be more spacious, probably because the center stack isn't as wide. Hope this car doesn't cause any issues till your ready to trade it in, and your summer rims look great. Glad you got them before our dollar crashed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.