Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2011 V-Wagon & 2012 SRX Premium
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

My wife just took her 2012 SRX Premium in for a recall and oil change. It has 22,700 miles on it currently, and is on a 39 month lease. When she picked it up, there was a $288.25 bill due for the 15,000 mile service. Throttle body clean, injector flush and "de-carbed"(?) the engine.

Sounds a bit suspect to me. I though all the services were included for the first 4 years? I know I haven't been charged dime one for my CTS, but I purchased it (vs. her lease).

Did she get taken??? :hmm:

·
Registered
2011 V-Wagon & 2012 SRX Premium
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, they ripped her off. They "suggested" the service, and she bit. Looked in the owners manual, there is no 15K service, at all. 12K then 24K. And none of the services have anything to do with the fuel injection. Went in to talk to the Service Manager, he's off until Monday. Left a note for him to call. To say I'm livid, would be an understatement...

·
Registered
'14 SRX4 Perf., Crystal Red Shale/Brownstone, DAP, spare
758 Posts
Yeah, they ripped her off. They "suggested" the service, and she bit. Looked in the owners manual, there is no 15K service, at all. 12K then 24K. And none of the services have anything to do with the fuel injection. Went in to talk to the Service Manager, he's off until Monday. Left a note for him to call. To say I'm livid, would be an understatement...
Time to find another dealer.

·
Registered
2018 XT5
635 Posts
I'd also call and follow up a message to GM AS THE WORST THING THAT CAN HAPPEN TO A DEALER IS TO GET BAD MARKS AND COMPLAINTS AGAINST THEM.

·
Registered
Formerly owned: 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale
1,865 Posts
I'd also call and follow up a message to GM AS THE WORST THING THAT CAN HAPPEN TO A DEALER IS TO GET BAD MARKS AND COMPLAINTS AGAINST THEM.
Sounds like a great idea. However, what are you supposed to do if your dealership has a monopoly in your city? Do you really think GM is going to shut down the only dealership in a city? What we need where I live is COMPETITION. But alas, it doesn't really matter in my case since I'm driving my last GM product.

·
Registered
2014 SRX Performance, 2013 CTS-V
501 Posts
They are money sucking dirt bags and a disgrace to the honest dealerships that are out there.
When I brought my 2014 in for its first oil change and tire rotation, that was all that was done. That was my first time at the dealership, so I was interested in how it would go.
I was completely satisfied with the experience. That was at Crest in Venice,Florida.
What was the name of the dealership that took advantage of you, to get extra money with unnecessary service? I would suspect that they didn't do anything, since it didn't need to be done to begin with.

Tom

·
Registered
2014 SRX Premium
250 Posts
I think this sort of stories happen with any car company's dealers. I do not know if GM is worse or better that average. What is important is how the company resolves these complaints.

·
Registered
2012 SRX Luxury
266 Posts
Recently took my SRX in for the 15,000 mile service. My dealer provides free basic maintainence as long as you own the vehicle, so it cost me nothing. Never suggested injector cleaning.

Phil

·
Registered
2012 SRX Performance FWD
1,599 Posts
Recently took my SRX in for the 15,000 mile service. My dealer provides free basic maintainence as long as you own the vehicle, so it cost me nothing. Never suggested injector cleaning.

Phil
I'd like to see the fine print on that!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts