Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
who do you play drums for? must be a working band with that kind of stable.

F

·
Performance Enthusiast
2009 CTS, 2009 CTS-V, 2012 CLS550
479 Posts
Installed mine today and my first impressions are not very favorable. I am very disappointed in the sound, not the performance of this product.

1. No drone + But the drone did not bother me.
2. Did notice an increase in HP +
3. Car went from sounding like a vicious monster to a tame kitty. - - -!!!!!!!

I spoke to a Corsa Representative who whas very knowlegable and helpful and I do realize that is is performing as intended but Geez. Did most folks want their high performance caddy to resonate sound as if it was your Grandpa's Caddy? don't know what I am going to do right now. Kept the stock exhaust and was I was going to install that on my wife's 09 CTS. I may put the stock back on but the jury is still out. I was going to a car show this Saturday expecting to show off a more muscular and beefier exhasut but now I would be embarrased toshow up. :-(.

·
Registered
Cadillac
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, I did not intend to go here but given that others have and I promised to post follow up here it is--regretably.

First, I have huge respect for Corsa and have had at least 5 systems installed all with great results. I have probably been responsible for the sale of countless other Corsa systems on friends/club members cars.

My Viper tech installed my Corsa last night (see pics). The system , to me is a disappointment that I hope Corsa will fix. They stand by their products and I am confident they will do the right thing. The exhaust looks great, sounds good at idle, but under power my hot rod Caddy now sounds like a DTS at best. I let my Viper tech drive it and he just shook his head. I have driven it at speeds from 0-85MPH with windows up/down. I have mashed it, etc.

If you are looking to get rid of what some have perceived as drone (I perceived as muscle) and you want to improve the looks of your car buy this system. If you have a Vette, Viper or other sports car, buy a Corsa--the best quality and good people. If you want to make your V sound more aggressive, I am not sure this is the way to go.

Again, my thought was to follow the adage "if you don't have something good to say..." But, several have asked. I wish I had better news. I hope Corsa listens and makes change.

·
Performance Enthusiast
2009 CTS, 2009 CTS-V, 2012 CLS550
479 Posts
OK, I took the advice of the Corsa Rep (sorry, I don't remember his name) and had a buddy of mine do some runs while I stood outside the car. I noticed that the exhaust did sound pretty good during runs to me and away from me. You definitely can not judge the sound of the exhaust from within the vehicle and my hat is off to Corsa for doing a great job and keeping the cabin quiet. It also appears that the exhaust note does sound better over time as the unit settles in. Starting the car now I hear a throaty note as opposed to when the unit was first mounted. So I will have to upgrade my previous rated disappointment to satisfactory enough to keep it on. The product works as Corsa designed. More reviews later this weekend as I get to drive more miles.

·
Registered
Cadillac
73 Posts
Ok, I did not intend to go here but given that others have and I promised to post follow up here it is--regretably.

First, I have huge respect for Corsa and have had at least 5 systems installed all with great results. I have probably been responsible for the sale of countless other Corsa systems on friends/club members cars.

My Viper tech installed my Corsa last night (see pics). The system , to me is a disappointment that I hope Corsa will fix. They stand by their products and I am confident they will do the right thing. The exhaust looks great, sounds good at idle, but under power my hot rod Caddy now sounds like a DTS at best. I let my Viper tech drive it and he just shook his head. I have driven it at speeds from 0-85MPH with windows up/down. I have mashed it, etc.

If you are looking to get rid of what some have perceived as drone (I perceived as muscle) and you want to improve the looks of your car buy this system. If you have a Vette, Viper or other sports car, buy a Corsa--the best quality and good people. If you want to make your V sound more aggressive, I am not sure this is the way to go.

Again, my thought was to follow the adage "if you don't have something good to say..." But, several have asked. I wish I had better news. I hope Corsa listens and makes change.
I put mine on 2 days ago at 48 miles and I very dissapointed as there is no sound, real quiet!!!!!!!!!! Bummer hope it gets better

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
I installed a set yesterday as per the instructions. I'd like to see a full system that has places I can make adjustments. The customer (not sure if it is one of you guys) had issues with the fit.
I tried 3 times to adjust them but it seems that there is either a slight variation in the pipes on the car, the bumper cover, or the mufflers themselves. I was able to line them up perfectly but the right side muffler was forward about 1/4".
I tweaked it as best I could.
The sound sitting still is kind of funky, I'd like to hear one on the road.

·
Registered
2010 GT-R R.I.P. 09 CTS-V R.I.P. 06 STS-V & 05 CTS-V
128 Posts
I agree with the fact that i was disappointed when I first put it on. It does sound good from outside the car when you are behind it. I was hoping for a more throaty note from this. I had the corsa mufflers on my sts-v and it sounded better in my opinion.

·
Registered
Cadillac
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I installed a set yesterday as per the instructions. I'd like to see a full system that has places I can make adjustments. The customer (not sure if it is one of you guys) had issues with the fit.
I tried 3 times to adjust them but it seems that there is either a slight variation in the pipes on the car, the bumper cover, or the mufflers themselves. I was able to line them up perfectly but the right side muffler was forward about 1/4".
I tweaked it as best I could.
The sound sitting still is kind of funky, I'd like to hear one on the road.
Maybe they vary but the install was quick and easy--less than an hour for sure and if fit perfectly and looks great --just no sound.

·
Registered
Owned 3 V's, now driving a Wrangler and XT5
2,574 Posts
Wow, this is a disappointment. I'll stick with the stockers for now and see how this shakes out. Paying $ 1300 and being disappointed sucks ass.

·
Registered
Cadillac
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow, this is a disappointment. I'll stick with the stockers for now and see how this shakes out. Paying $ 1300 and being disappointed sucks ass.
I certainly understand but even though I am disappointed, I am hopeful this early in the game Corsa will make a change. I think everyone should hold tight and see where this goes. In my experience they are the best out there.

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
Sounds to me like Corsas magic happens in their resonators (not the mufflers), and since this is an axle back system it sounds pretty tame.

·
Registered
Owned 3 V's, now driving a Wrangler and XT5
2,574 Posts
So why isn't it a cat back again?

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
For some owners this may be the kind of solution they are looking for, less/no drone and less aggressive sound while retaining a car with this HP and TQ. But it wouldn't be my personal choice.

As far as sound under acceleration, someone should be able to get that by sticking it on the dyno and running it up while recording from behind, if they don't have a way to record it out on the road.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts