Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at these two exhausts and would appreciate any thoughts/opinions on them, especially from those who've had the opportunity to hear both.

It seems to be the general consensus that the Corsa is pretty tame (in terms of sound levels) at idle and partial/moderate throttle, though it opens up nicely at WOT. Is the Zoomers similar in that respect or is it considerably louder at idle and partial throttle?

Am I correct to assume that both have no resonance, at all (for me, this one detail is particularly important)?

How would you describe the exhausts in terms of their sound production (yea, I know, sorta hard to describe exhaust sounds and a bit subjective, to say the least)? Is it more of a bark? A tinny sound? A deep rumble?

If I'm not mistaken, the Corsa mates up simply with some headers out there (the Kooks was it?). Will the Zoomers require any fabrication or welding during installation of headers?

Does anyone know if the Zoomers is heavier or lighter than stock?

Previously put forth some of these questions on the Zoomers Exhaust thread, but I thought I'd go ahead and post a new dedicated thread in hopes that I might get some further input. Any and all opinions are most helpful. Thanks.

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
At idle I do not believe that Zoomers is significantly louder, but I do believe it is louder. Not too terribly much, but I believe it is. They have different sounds though and I'm sure that plays a role though in the way the average person might "hear" it. Zoomers is more of an "old school" sound to me.

I believe that both systems do a terrific job of having little to no resonance. I've been in a car with a Corsa enough to form at least a decent opinion. I don't believe either exhaust is going to bother you from that perspective.

How they "sound" is an incredibly hard question to answer. :) Zoomers, as suggested above, is probably more "deep rumble" (to borrow your term). Corsa is more "bark" to me. These are my opinions though and I'm sure others may disagree. This is an incredibly subjective thing though and I recommend you listen to both. :thumbsup:

As far as mating up to headers and weight, I *think* Ron commented that they will bolt right up to headers without any significant problems (this makes sense, but I don't want to guarantee anything) & I also think the Zoomers is lighter than stock. Need Ron to confirm though. :)

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,966 Posts
Geez, describe a sound here? Hard for me, but I thought Luna did a pretty good job.

I can only add that as soon as I started up my car with the Corsa, I knew immediately that something had changed compared to stock. Then I took it for a ride. Apart from a bit more "throat" at idle, there was (is) virtually no difference just driving around. You do notice a louder exhaust at WOT, but from inside the car, frankly, I did not think it was THAT much louder (though it probably is from behind the car).

When I installed the Kooks, a section of pipe which includes the hi-flow cats replaced a similar section of the Corsa system. That section had bolted up to the stock cats. It was also a PITA doing it that way, btw, because I had to spread the gap between the headers (which did not move) and the all-ready-installed Corsa to insert the pipe ... better if I had removed the Corsa, but I'm always looking for shortcuts. :banghead:

Lastly, the Corsa does an excellent job civilizing the headers. Yeah, you notice it when you dip into the throttle, but cruising is very close to stock ... well close enough for me since my wife hasn't said anything ... yet! :highfive:

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
230 Posts
Just bolted on my Corsa this past Sat. As described by rand above, as soon as you start it up, you know it's changed. Idle and moderate cruising has a noticeably more throaty sound, but relatively mild. I took most the kids on the block for a ride (they all came running :thumbsup: once I punched it the first time), with the windows down. Most neighbors frowned :tisk: . When I got on it, it could be heard from 2 or 3 blocks away. Driving thru an underpass with windows down, down shifting and WOT to red line and that puppy barks pretty viciously. Took a long highway ride yesterday, no droning, other than my Michelins at 80-82 mph :rant2: . Backing off from WOT and redline and I get a interesting sounding popping. Car has not been tuned for the exhaust mod. Jump in, whatever you go with you'll probably like it :thumbsup: .

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
160 Posts
I love my Corsa. Quiet enough to be civilized around town, loud enough to sound awesome when the hammer is down. I wouldn't look to your exhaust for a significant power gain, other than long tube headers. Go with what looks, lasts and sounds best. I hear good things about B&B, Corsa and Magnaflow.

·
Registered
Owned 3 V's, now driving a Wrangler and XT5
2,574 Posts
I love my Corsa too, and yes, I like the pops upon downshift or even letting off the throttle. Great system.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Here is the Corsa website with some sound samples at idle, drive by hard acceleration etc...

http://www.corsaperf.com/cts-v.htm

Here is the Zoomers from their site... It's a car with a maggie so you'll hear the whine (I know I know, "Honey, what whine?"). There was a sound bite with a non maggie'd V on this site.

http://www.zoomersexhaust.com/vehicle_cadillac_cts_v.asp

Maybe that will help you decide on sound...

Let us know what you go with and what you think...

Good luck

·
Registered
669 Posts
I have the Corsa and love it. No pops from the system for me, but I have the Stealth tune that eliminates the pops and burbles (although I hear I slight burble when downshifting at times - but nothing loud or objectionable.) When I bought my Corsa, price was $875 shipped to my door via eBay. The price of the Zoomers was too high for me given the systems are principally for sound and not performance increase. I am happy with the Corsa although both Zoomers and Corsa are great systems and you'll be happy with either.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Like said in the above post, you don't get these systems for a performance increase as even the most optimistic results probably can't be felt in all honesty. With that said, the sound is completely personal preference so starting a thread asking which one is better is pretty useless. Listen to them both and get one, they are both good choices. I chose Zoomer's because I thought it sounded better, period.

·
Registered
2007 stsv. 2005 ctsv(r.i.p)
580 Posts
love the corsa!! people say to me when i gun it that it sounds like a nascar..and for blocks!! its loud when it has to be!!

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
BadCad said:
both Zoomers and Corsa are great systems and you'll be happy with either.
:yeah:

Try and hook up with people that have both exhaust systems and make a decision based on that. I honestly do prefer the sound of Zoomers (as stated above, it's more "old school/muscle car" in my mind), but that doesn't make it right--it's just personal preference.

Good luck :)

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V, Intake and Exhaust Mods, 365 rwhp / 360 rwtq
164 Posts
Slapshot said:
Here is the Corsa website with some sound samples at idle, drive by hard acceleration etc...

http://www.corsaperf.com/cts-v.htm

Here is the Zoomers from their site... It's a car with a maggie so you'll hear the whine (I know I know, "Honey, what whine?"). There was a sound bite with a non maggie'd V on this site.

http://www.zoomersexhaust.com/vehicle_cadillac_cts_v.asp

Maybe that will help you decide on sound...

Let us know what you go with and what you think...

Good luck

I'm familiar with Corsa's sound and I think it's a bit higher pitched, not "old school" low pitched as some say. It's too bad Zoomers couldn't put up a vid of a V without a Magnuson on it. It really drowns the exhaust sound out.:bigroll:

Brian

CTS-V

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
CTS-BV said:
I'm familiar with Corsa's sound and I think it's a bit higher pitched, not "old school" low pitched as some say. It's too bad Zoomers couldn't put up a vid of a V without a Magnuson on it. It really drowns the exhaust sound out.:bigroll:

Brian

CTS-V
The "drive-by" is not the only video up there. "Startup" is definitely the best video in terms of determining what it sounds like and the S/C cannot be heard at all.

Further, they DO have a non-blown V video. I think they just reworked their website and, perhaps, it can't be located quickly, but they do and many on the boards have heard it. If it's not up there, it will be shortly.

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V, Intake and Exhaust Mods, 365 rwhp / 360 rwtq
164 Posts
Luna. said:
The "drive-by" is not the only video up there. "Startup" is definitely the best video in terms of determining what it sounds like and the S/C cannot be heard at all.

Further, they DO have a non-blown V video. I think they just reworked their website and, perhaps, it can't be located quickly, but they do and many on the boards have heard it. If it's not up there, it will be shortly.
I just went back there and didn't see anything different, but I'll check back again later.

IMHO, I really like the way Magnaflow exhaust systems sound and look. What's more is that in all the applications I've witnessed (B bodies, F bodies, & Y bodies) they come out of the box and go right on the car -- no fitment problems at all. Convince me that any Corsa system will do that.:thehand:

Not to start anything because I already know that the title of this thread is meant to compare Corsa and Zoomers, but there are other alternatives that may be a better value. I can't speak for Zoomers. Did they just come to market with a V exhaust alone?:confused:

My first mods will be suspension/anti wheel hop, and then headers and a Magnaflow Catback.

BV

·
Registered
05 maggied CTS-V, 2017 NSX Whoo Hoo!
8,810 Posts
OldRoadDawg said:
Personally . . I like my B&B. Although my wife says she knows it's the V coming from 2 blocks away.:)
I went over to my friends house to show him the BB exhaust (with an X pipe and no cats).

Thing is so loud you can't hear yourself think (I had a CORSA before).

My friend looks underneath and says " it looks like a couple of sewer pipes!"

The increase in diameter (from a 2.5"CORSA to a 3"Billy Boat) calculates out to DOUBLE the flow.:eek:

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
heavymetals said:
The increase in diameter (from a 2.5"CORSA to a 3"Billy Boat) calculates out to DOUBLE the flow.:eek:
Actually, it calculates out to ~44% increase in flow. :)

Going from a 1" to a 2" would equate to double the flow, but not 2.5" to 3". :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts