Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
'06 CTS-V (sold)
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, guys. I've spent hours in the search mode and have learned a lot. This board is a great resource. It's saved me a bunch of aggravation, already.

That said, I'm trying to decide on a cat-back system for my '06 CTS-V. From the information in the archives, I think that I've narrowed it down to Zoomers or Corsa for my application and needs. I'm hearing that both are good systems and both produce a satisfying, quality sound.

I want more of that great American V8 muscle car sound but I do live in a relatively quiet, civilized neighborhood and can't get away with the noise that some of you are making. (Sucks to be me, I guess) Has anyone compared these two systems side by side? Which one (maybe neither?) would be the better choice considering my limitations? I guess what I'm asking is what is the next step past the factory sound level?

I love the "wolf in sheep's clothing" effect that the V pulls off, a thinly disguised race car. I'm just wanting to peel back that facade a little bit more.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
Good choice, as both are great systems.

I believe that Corsa is a little louder at WOT than Zoomers. Zoomers is a little more of the old musclecar sounding exhaust in my mind, but it doesn't scream like some of those '60s car did. :)

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)
17,712 Posts
They both sound nice but the one thing I didn't care for about the zoomers was the mesh on this inside of the tip. I realize this is really petty stuff but it was an observation of mine.

This is really a minor thing but if your anal about keeping your car prestine then this may be something to consider.

I don't think you would go wrong with either exhaust but as stated before on the forum, you should probably try to find someone local and listen to them before taking the plunge.

·
Registered
2011 Vagon TG, Black, Roof, Suede Wheel and Shifter, Polishe
204 Posts
I love my Zoomers, I'm always getting the question is that a Caddy.. Yes there is a soot issue with the inside of the tip. I just steel wool mine each time i clean so to me it's a small issue. :worship: Zoomers u'll love them. Watch for a good $$$ tho, after i bought mine he had 2 different sales each was cheaper than the first..

·
Registered
'06 CTS-V (sold)
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies.

I saw somewhere in the archives that they will high-temp paint the mesh on the Zoomers if you want, I guess because of that problem. Anybody try that?

Anybody else have an opinion?

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Who came up with the name Zoomers? Did some guy let his kid name the company? Even if you get the Zoooooomers, tell everyone it's a Corsa or Magnaflow or something manly...

·
Registered
'06 CTS-V (sold)
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Best advice is to try and find owners with them and see which sound you prefer and want on your car.
What? That will never work!
Yeah, that would be great. I haven't had much luck with that. The registry doesn't show many Vs around here and I haven't run across any on the street.

Thanks for the idea, though.

p.s. Bigjim, another former SHO owner here. That car was a lot of bang for the buck. Too bad Ford ruined it and then retired them. What could have been?

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
p.s. Bigjim, another former SHO owner here. That car was a lot of bang for the buck. Too bad Ford ruined it and then retired them. What could have been?
Awesome! Guys like trukk are going to feel awfully lonely with all us V/SHO guys running around. There are a lot of us here.

I had my '92 for 10 years. Selling it helped finance the V. Although, if I stripped it down of its mods, I'd have made a small fortune. Yeah, Ford killed it when they stopped making it an enthusiast's car.

But I find the V a LOT like the SHO in a number of ways. Pricewise, when new and figuring inflation, they're not that far apart either...

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
Awesome! Guys like trukk are going to feel awfully lonely with all us V/SHO guys running around. There are a lot of us here.

I had my '92 for 10 years. Selling it helped finance the V. Although, if I stripped it down of its mods, I'd have made a small fortune. Yeah, Ford killed it when they stopped making it an enthusiast's car.

But I find the V a LOT like the SHO in a number of ways. Pricewise, when new and figuring inflation, they're not that far apart either...
While I wasn't the owner, I easily put 30% of the total miles on my uncle's '89 SHO. That was easily one of the most enjoyable cars to drive that I've ever driven. The motor just loved to spin and it was fun getting it there, I loved the seat bolster (it's a huge improvement from the current V!! ARGH!), and the handling for a 4-door car was amazing, considering when it was built. I truly loved that car. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
While I wasn't the owner, I easily put 30% of the total miles on my uncle's '89 SHO. That was easily one of the most enjoyable cars to drive that I've ever driven. The motor just loved to spin and it was fun getting it there, I loved the seat bolster (it's a huge improvement from the current V!! ARGH!), and the handling for a 4-door car was amazing, considering when it was built. I truly loved that car. :thumbsup:
Yes, my '92's seats were about the best seats evah! The only seats that may be better are in a Volvo Type Aaaarrrgghhh!

·
Registered
Cadillac 2004 CTS-V
173 Posts
Yes, my '92's seats were about the best seats evah! The only seats that may be better are in a Volvo Type Aaaarrrgghhh!
THREAD-JACKERS!!!!!!!!! :thehand:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Does Zoomers drone bad on the V? On my buddies SRT-8 Jeep it resonates noticeably but doesn't bother us, sometimes his clients will complain though lol.

·
Registered
12 CTS Coupe Premium/Touring, 16 Volt, 13 911s, 07 Legacy GT Wagon
1,802 Posts
The Zoomers tips are supposed to create a Venturi Extraction effect.
http://www.zoomersexhaust.com/zoomers_technology.asp

I have a Corsa now and it's too loud.
I plan to roll my car into Zomers shop and let them install their exhaust.
They say they can quiet their standard V exhaust further for me, if needed (after I try-out).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts