Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI,

I just got an email from Corsa about the '06 CTS-V.

The kits for the '05 work fine on the '06 (their webpage is or will be updated to reflect this) and they are now taking orders....

·
Registered
Owned 3 V's, now driving a Wrangler and XT5
2,574 Posts
Well........what are you waiting for?

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
281 Posts
cool. i will need to pick one up soon. i would look into the B&B setup, but 2 things discourage from it one is the resonance and it is hard to beat the no hassle factor with corsa's (gm licensed) so if anything breaks no denying warranty on other parts. my .02

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
04CTSVFLA said:
If I recall it was the Corsa which on some members cars DID NOT RECORD ANY HP OR TQ INCREASES! Just to let you know.
:thehand:

IMHO, the HP difference between the Corsa and B&B is negligable to the seat of your pants. The Corsa is problem free and has no drone.

I would not go with B&B. :canttalk:

Ask the guys that have had both and see what they say......Corsa is the way to go! :thumbsup:

Either way good luck!!!

·
Registered
'04 CTS-V platinum/blk.
1,227 Posts
Joey'sVee said:
Ask the guys that have had both and see what they say......Corsa is the way to go!
Ask the guys who have had the B&B, Corsa and the Magnaflow and see what they say...............Magnaflow is the only way to go!

(sorry Joey, your car still rocks!)

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V coupe
301 Posts
thefly said:
cool. i will need to pick one up soon. i would look into the B&B setup, but 2 things discourage from it one is the resonance and it is hard to beat the no hassle factor with corsa's (gm licensed) so if anything breaks no denying warranty on other parts. my .02
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think this is true anymore about corsa being a licenced GM product.

Mark

·
Registered
'04 CTS-V platinum/blk.
1,227 Posts
Joey'sVee said:
Who has had all three? I have yet to hear anyone say that!
I am 90% sure it was lasstss. He said the Magnaflow was significantly lighter.......something like 20lbs lighter than the Corsa, and had the best sound/tone of all three. But to be fair, he did say the weld quality of the B&B and Corsa were better than the Magnaflow.

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
Corsa is not the GM licensee anymore. Jim Browning, Jr. was really disappointed about it as they have a fantastic product. I think Magnaflow is the new licensee, not 100% sure.

F

·
Registered
'04 CTS-V platinum/blk.
1,227 Posts
Joey'sVee said:
I thought he liked the Corsa better...maybe I misread his post.
No worries, Man. Let's face it, they're all good systems, and more importantly WAY better than stock!

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
IMHO, the HP difference between the Corsa and B&B is negligable to the seat of your pants. The Corsa is problem free and has no drone.

I would not go with B&B.

Ask the guys that have had both and see what they say......Corsa is the way to go!

Either way good luck!!!
who cares about sotp? I care about RWHP and RWTQ. I have seen it on this site people have dynoed the corsa with NO INCREASE in either RWHP OR RWTQ. On the other hand people have dynoed the BB with Xpipe and have gotten upto 15rwhp / 15rwtq gains. So there is an obvious choice here....BB with xpipe. Unless your choosing to spend 1000 on the sound of the exhaust instead of the performance gains - then you should get Corsa. But for gains in performance bb with xpipe is definetly better.

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V | 2012 CTS-V
970 Posts
If you are getting either system for the HP gains on a pretty much stock engine you are crazy. Get them for the sound or looks, there are a ton of better mods for HP. If you really want a HP increase from an exhaust related mod then get headers.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I have had all three. The magnaflow has some drone but liveable. I like the sound of it best its just mellow all of the time. My vote is magnaflow. The long pipes are not the prettiest but the exit pipes are very nice.

Still the best bang for the buck!

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
04CTSVFLA said:
who cares about sotp? I care about RWHP and RWTQ. I have seen it on this site people have dynoed the corsa with NO INCREASE in either RWHP OR RWTQ. On the other hand people have dynoed the BB with Xpipe and have gotten upto 15rwhp / 15rwtq gains. So there is an obvious choice here....BB with xpipe. Unless your choosing to spend 1000 on the sound of the exhaust instead of the performance gains - then you should get Corsa. But for gains in performance bb with xpipe is definetly better.
AmesCTS-V is ABSOLUTELY correct. For the price, exhaust is far more about sound than performance increases.

Further, you are very quick to jump on the B&B bandwagon in regards to performance gains. Why? Because you couldn't find results on this board related to any of the other systems? What makes you think B&B will outperform Borla or Zoomers or Bassani?

I'm willing to bet they ALL yield reasonable results. And the true difference of, say, 5 ft lb of torque on the street is absolutely immaterial. If someone bases a decision from that, I say you are focused on the wrong thing.

And I'm sorry, but I don't buy that Corsa doesn't yield any results. The only way that is possible is if it doesn't flow ANY better, which doesn't make any logical sense. I want to see a "legitimate" before and after dyno run, for I don't believe for a second that it yields nothing. There is something more to that story in my mind.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I agree. I wish there was more true evidence of gains. But I still think based primarily on the x pipe that the BB is the best performance gainer.

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
04CTSVFLA said:
I agree. I wish there was more true evidence of gains. But I still think based primarily on the x pipe that the BB is the best performance gainer.
Actually, I believe we tortured the H-pipe and X-pipe discussion not too long ago (Zoomer comes with H-pipe, I'd be shocked if Borla, Bassani, etc didn't come with an H/X as well). They yield insignificant differences (at certain RPMs, one was better than the other, but never by a huge amount). As long as the system has one or the other, for street purposes, I believe there will be no significant advantages or drawbacks.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts