Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,306 Posts
People have gone with the Corsa system...The only complaints, well, not complaint, the only issue is the price...SDMarineguy has a Corsa system. He was pretty satisfied with it, but had added a whole bunch of other stuff since....There is also a cheaper alternative that I, along with a whole bunch of other forum members have done...swap to a V-exhaust....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,187 Posts
++Fixx++ said:
Instead of grabbing different components from various companies to make an exhaust system does the complete Corsa exhaust system perform pretty well? http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/performance/basket.php?makeid=4&modelid=629&year=2004&partid=83&brandid=272 Does anyone have this system on an Automatic 3.6L? I would rather buy a complete system than mix and match. I also understand this one will not void my warranty. Any info greatly appreciated.

++Fixx++
I think the Corsa system is a GREAT system I bought it myself BUT I added to the system to make it better. I changed the stock resonator for a magnaflow muffler and put an X pipe right before the center muffler.


 

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac CTS, 2008 Cadillac CTS
Joined
·
733 Posts
++Fixx++ said:
Instead of grabbing different components from various companies to make an exhaust system does the complete Corsa exhaust system perform pretty well? http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/performance/basket.php?makeid=4&modelid=629&year=2004&partid=83&brandid=272 Does anyone have this system on an Automatic 3.6L? I would rather buy a complete system than mix and match. I also understand this one will not void my warranty. Any info greatly appreciated.

++Fixx++
You may want to try the B & B http://www.bbexhaust.com/New/auto-html.asp?page=cts.html
 

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V, 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre
Joined
·
1,640 Posts
SD - any particular reason you decided to upgrade the corsa? I've been looking for a v-exhaust, since i've been having a hard time finding one i've been looking at the corsa for sh*ts and giggles, and am really starting to like it. are there any major differences, other than price, between the corsa, borla, and b&b vs the V?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,472 Posts
definitely noise. as far as performance, we're really not sure yet.

b&b, louder
borla, not as loud
corsa, not as loud as either above

other than price, remember, these 3 systems are full stainless from the cats back and mandrel bent for increased flow. i believe the stock exhausts are galvanized and not mandrel.
 

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Black on Black
Joined
·
1,852 Posts
I think the V-exhaust is a great alternative. I know how tough it is to patiently wait for one to pop up. For one that is so light, the whole thing couldn't be but about 50 lbs or so. It looks and felt like aluminized steel or similar. Here's the pic I had taken on install.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,187 Posts
B Hoth said:
I think the V-exhaust is a great alternative. I know how tough it is to patiently wait for one to pop up. For one that is so light, the whole thing couldn't be but about 50 lbs or so. It looks and felt like aluminized steel or similar. Here's the pic I had taken on install.
I like the way you attached your V exhaust to the cats you are the second person that did that. Other people just slip the 2.5" pipe into the 2" pipe which I wont think is a good idea. What I would do if I was you which wont cost you that much money is change the mufflers for some Magnaflow muffler and change the resonator for a magnaflow dual in dual out muffler and put a magnaflow X pipe before the center muffler. that I think will give you great performance.
 

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Black on Black
Joined
·
1,852 Posts
Thanks Marine, can you give me the #'s for the X-pipe and the resonator, I appreciate it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,187 Posts
B Hoth said:
Thanks Marine, can you give me the #'s for the X-pipe and the resonator, I appreciate it.
Ok here are the Part numbers they are different from my because my exhaust is 2.25 inches and the V exhaust is 2.5 so I will give you the part numbers for the 2.5 inch mufflers (btw I think you will get better performance using 2.25 instead of 2.5 but yeah...)

Magnaflow X pipe 2.5" P/N 10791
Center Muffler replacing the resonator Magnaflow P/N 14379

If I was you I would also replace the muffler with magnaflows to finish up the project with magnaflow P/N 14375 on each side. If you do what I am telling you please give me a sound clip.

Also tell me how much you can find all these mufflers and X pipe I might be able to get you a better price.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top