Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Would you buy a Corsa exhaust specifically made for the STS-V?

• Yes

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • No

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Maybe-Depends on price

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This poll it to gauge interest on a Corsa Exhaust specifically for the STS-V

·
Registered
05 Redline CTS-V
8,439 Posts
i mean far be it from me to make a spam post in the old guy forum ... but hey ... i'm an A$$

will you guys at corsa PLEASE make an exhaust so F will stop whining and realize that his slacker ass will never escape mod hell

·
Registered
2006 STS-V
819 Posts
F

Did you talk to them today?

Never mind...just read the other post....

I'd love to hear one on someone else's first. I already have one car that is way too loud, but it has headers, etc. so a little more sound without being obnoxious would be good.

There are plenty of Atlanta STS-V's, so I'd let someone else guinea pig and then buy one....nice of me, huh?

·
Registered
2006 STS-V
819 Posts
That will be me representin the ATL. They make one and I will have it on the car no time flat. The day I order the exhaust is the day I order the stage 2 intake. It will all get done at once.
Sweet! That's what I was hoping for! Way to step up for the ATL!

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 2007 STS-V
25 Posts
I couldn't wait any longer, I just had the GM performance exhaust installed this morning on my sts-v.. I must say I was very impressed with the quality AND sound after the kit was assembled and installed on my car..... UNTIL... after a whole day of rompin around, I pulled up in my garage and noticed the distinct smell of melted plastic. knowing the new exhaust smell was done by mid day, I went to the back for a look... damnit all to hell if the exhaust hadn't MELTED the rear bumper cover in the rounded cut out area just above the place where the tips exit the back... I am so pissed... there is no fixing it... I am sooooo pissed right now........there WAS adequate space between the two. exhaust is still tight in place..now my baby will never be the same... I am wayyyy to anal about my stuff.. have to think about what to do now. nothing is a good solution... not even a new rear bumper cover will even come close to making me happy on this one, as it will still have to be painted, and seriously the is not even ANY body shop in my area that is worth a shit ... :(

·
Registered
2007 Raven Black STS-V, 2010 Radiant Silver SRX Premium 2.8T
470 Posts
I was wondering the same. I contacted Craig with D3 about holding off on the exhaust part of the power package until this is confirmed or not. Craig talked to someone at Corsa who stated the production costs would outweigh demand, meaning it would never be made. I would love to get a Corsa exhaust made for the V! Thanks for doing the leg work!

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey F, it's Wed. going on Thursday.. Any update from Corsa on our 12 intended buyers making any impact on a production schedule?
I was wondering the same. I contacted Craig with D3 about holding off on the exhaust part of the power package until this is confirmed or not. Craig talked to someone at Corsa who stated the production costs would outweigh demand, meaning it would never be made. I would love to get a Corsa exhaust made for the V! Thanks for doing the leg work!
Ill talk to Jim tomorrow...Ill post my findings then. Dont expect anything production-wise until winter.

F

·
Registered
Owned 3 V's, now driving a Wrangler and XT5
2,574 Posts
I couldn't wait any longer, I just had the GM performance exhaust installed this morning on my sts-v.. I must say I was very impressed with the quality AND sound after the kit was assembled and installed on my car..... UNTIL... after a whole day of rompin around, I pulled up in my garage and noticed the distinct smell of melted plastic. knowing the new exhaust smell was done by mid day, I went to the back for a look... damnit all to hell if the exhaust hadn't MELTED the rear bumper cover in the rounded cut out area just above the place where the tips exit the back... I am so pissed... there is no fixing it... I am sooooo pissed right now........there WAS adequate space between the two. exhaust is still tight in place..now my baby will never be the same... I am wayyyy to anal about my stuff.. have to think about what to do now. nothing is a good solution... not even a new rear bumper cover will even come close to making me happy on this one, as it will still have to be painted, and seriously the is not even ANY body shop in my area that is worth a shit ... :(

Wow, we need more info on this. What the hell? How can an exhuast get that warm that it melts the bumper cover when not even touching it? I have never heard of this on any car with aftermarket exhausts.

PS. Sorry about what happened to you Stealth, I am speechless.

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow, we need more info on this. What the hell? How can an exhuast get that warm that it melts the bumper cover when not even touching it? I have never heard of this on any car with aftermarket exhausts.

PS. Sorry about what happened to you Stealth, I am speechless.
+1 that is totally unacceptable...:tisk:

F

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bad news.....Jim is on his way to the Corvette Museum so no answers until Tuesday/Wed on the Corsa Exhaust.

F

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Stealth111,

The GM Performance exhaust is manufactured for GM by Borla.

A friend of mine installed the ACTUAL Borla exhaust on his 2006 STS-V and it also melted his rear bumper cut-outs. He removed it and installed a Gibson exhaust which he didn't like and then installed just the regular Corsa STS mufflers in place of his stock STS-V mufflers. Paul Santiago at Corsa told him to install the regular STS mufflers in place of his stock STS-V mufflers and get a muffler shop to retrofit them to fit the car. He loved the sound once he installed the Corsa mufflers.

I contacted Greg Orlando at Borla and he said they didn't have any reports of any rear bumper melting. He told me to speak to Ted at Borla's R&D department which I did.

I urge you to contact Greg Orlando at Borla 877-GO-BORLA x. 213 and let him know. You can also call Borla and ask for Ted in R&D because I told both Greg and Ted at Borla of the problem and they both told me that there were no reported problems when I know for a fact that there is.

Ted at Borla's R&D department told me that they sell the exact same Borla exhaust part number for the STS-V to GM and he hasn't had any reports from GM of any bumper cover cutout melting. You can refer them to this thread so they can read my comments as well as your experience.

I was going to buy a Borla system for my 2007 STS-V, but after hearing of the bumper melting, I held off and didn't swap the exhaust out at all. I am still running the stock exhaust and was hoping Corsa would release one for the STS-V. If Corsa doesn't make an exhaust for the STS-V, I will keep the stock exhaust system.

I hope this info helps you get to the bottom of your bumper melting problem.

SG

·
Registered
Owned 3 V's, now driving a Wrangler and XT5
2,574 Posts
That's just sad. How much heat can be coming off an exhaust tip to actually melt the bumper cover when it's not even touching it? Why the is Borla doing it an none of the others?

Strange.

·
Registered
2007 Raven Black STS-V, 2010 Radiant Silver SRX Premium 2.8T
470 Posts
Hey F, Any news on this?

I just noticed your icon is of Foamy. Glad to see others out there are enjoying ill Will! Star-Schmucks coffe anyone?

1 - 20 of 81 Posts