Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Cts v
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me if the V core support cover is the same as the base. I looked at GM direct and it doesn't show one for the base model.i would think they would be the same.I am going to go to the auto salvage yard to pick up a few miscellaneous parts.thanks , Jim

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,022 Posts
I'm assuming he means the plastic part that covers from the top of the grille back to the radiator. I don't know if they're the same for base and V, but I can't think of any reason they would be different.

·
Registered
Cts v
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes that's the piece..on gm parts online it shows it as only for the v. Can't see why it would be different either.

·
Registered
Cts v
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's it Darkman. Can't think why they would be different tho. I guess I'll order a new one.any idea where to find the ecu mount ing bracket? I looked at everything on the the gm site and can't find part.its the plastic tray that the ecu slides into. I was going to drive about 60 miles one way to pick up some parts at a yard that has several base cts cars.i didn't want to go if everything is different.

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,022 Posts
Strange that the "sight shield" is different for the two models.

From what I've seen in the 2003-2007 CTS forum, the V6s definitely don't use the same ECU mounting location as the Vs, so you'd be SOL on that part at the junkyard.

·
Registered
Cts v
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ordered everything from Gm parts direct. So close to getting the car back on the road I can't wait! She's had a 2 year rest! Lol. Thanks guys..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts