Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Eldorado Etc
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well I need some help I don't know what my problem is. I was drivng my eldorado and I watched he temp guage go above the normal halfway mark. I know this has to be a problem with the coolig system. I immediately shut the car off and opened my hood and had some steam I don't know if a hose broke or something. Therefore I was going to put more antifreeze in better yet drain it n put all new in but I don't know where to find the drainplug and where to add it someone help please

Ty Matt

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,549 Posts
The drain is on the bottom left (drivers) side, but before you do that you have to find out where it was leaking from and repair that. If it was from the overflow, then get a block test kit from Napa and check the coolant for exhaust gases.

·
Registered
Eldorado Etc
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok I found it was the fans behind the radiator they are supposed to turn on at a certain degree but they aren't going on where is the fuse located for this fan and if it is not the fuse then what should I do reguarding this problem

·
Registered
1997 Eldorado
637 Posts
Ok I found it was the fans behind the radiator they are supposed to turn on at a certain degree but they aren't going on where is the fuse located for this fan and if it is not the fuse then what should I do reguarding this problem
they arent turning on when u have your ac on? if u dont have ac on they should turn on slow at 224 about the 1'o clock line on the temp gauge. and fast at 234

·
Registered
Eldorado Etc
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea they don't go on at all what would the fuse name for the fans be inside the fuse box because I cannot find it

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,031 Posts
Engine compartment fuse box, Fan1 and Fan2. Probably maxi-fuses (30 amp) in the inner box. Do the blades spin easily ?

·
Registered
Eldorado Etc
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When I open that fuse box it doesn't say anything about fan 1and2 I wish. Did lol and if I'm looking at the winsheild only the right one spins freely

·
Registered
1997 Eldorado
637 Posts
Engine compartment fuse box, Fan1 and Fan2. Probably maxi-fuses (30 amp) in the inner box. Do the blades spin easily ?
you have too pull the black cover off right ? there are some big maxi fues and relays to test the relay just put it on a 9v battery if it clicks its good. or if u have a multi meter

·
Registered
Eldorado Etc
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea the black cover but none of the fuses on the fuse indicator read fan one or fan two or anything to do with a fan

·
Registered
Eldorado Etc
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
YEa i took the cover off and I didn't see any fan fuse anywhere someone said someing about being a 30 fuse for each fan the only 30 I can find are for the wipers

·
Registered
Eldorado Etc
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok when I get home I'm going to try it out n see if I can find the lower fuses because all I saw were the upper ones for the wipers n stuff

·
Registered
Eldorado Etc
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok I didn't know that cover cameoff lol I found it the I need a new fuse I hope that's all that is all that the problem is. Out of curiosity why would the fuse break just normal wear n tear or somethig bigger? Thank you so much Talamant3z

·
Registered
1997 Eldorado
637 Posts
Ok I didn't know that cover cameoff lol I found it the I need a new fuse I hope that's all that is all that the problem is. Out of curiosity why would the fuse break just normal wear n tear or somethig bigger? Thank you so much Talamant3z
no problem. but the fuses are designed to protect the electrical circuits in your car from a short circuit or overload. so somewhere something might have caused it to pop. everytime i go to a junk yard i grab as money as i can find the small ones and the big 50a ones keep them in the trunk you never know when you will need them

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,031 Posts
Yep - he said only one fan spins freely. If the other is seized or hard to turn, there's the problem.

·
Registered
Eldorado Etc
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
so when i get a new fans are they easy to install?? just plug n play with some screws im assuming

1 - 20 of 21 Posts