Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Escalade 2015
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it the cooling box should be start to make fast cool or just little after one hour work?!

·
Registered
2015 Plat Escalade
22 Posts
Mine is very slow also, I believe it only to keep drinks already cold, and not make warm ones like a fridge turn cold :(

·
Registered
Escalade ESV
230 Posts
The cooler is useless. You have to physically turn it on when you want to use it and it will not function when the vehicle is off. It takes a long time to get cold. Its just a selling point but in real life I just find it useless.

·
Registered
None
438 Posts
The cooler is useless. You have to physically turn it on when you want to use it and it will not function when the vehicle is off. It takes a long time to get cold. Its just a selling point but in real life I just find it useless.
I agree. It does not really do anything useful.

·
Registered
Escalade 2015
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all guys I was thinking mine only like this. but why Cadillac noting to do with this issue? very important. they can just from AC take one fan to inside box and make easy cooling same as Lexus.
but any way I like this car a lot, have more option than others just this cooling useless:want:

·
Registered
Escalade 2015
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
but I saw in web site Cadillac mention as:

Boasting an impressive amount of storage capacity — 8.3L, or enough room to accommodate six 20-ounce bottles— the center console cooler will hold a temperature of approximately 40°F.
So your lunch, water and other items stay consistently cold while you travel.

what this means !! maybe need do something?!!

·
Registered
Escalade
57 Posts
I agree it does not work well.
It needs to stay on when the vehicle is off, but that would drain the battery.
It should at least have a switch that remembers if you want it on, so you don't have to turn it on every time you start the truck.

·
Registered
Escalade 2015
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
very easy like a picnic cooling box Cadillac can use to keep cool , or same as Lexus from AC take one fan to keep cooling , really with this box noting have to do

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
Clifford X said:
I agree it does not work well. It needs to stay on when the vehicle is off, but that would drain the battery. It should at least have a switch that remembers if you want it on, so you don't have to turn it on every time you start the truck.
If they had some kind of signal from the remote fob to turn it on when you remote start the truck it would be nice(or have it so the truck kicks it on when you use remote start so it doesn't take as long to cool down when you need it)

·
Registered
18 LEXUS LX, 17 Rav4, 15 Escalade ESV, 14 Mercedes, had Vette, 2Cadis, T-B & Chevy
1,041 Posts
I have had mine in for service twice.

it only cools a little one of two inch plate on the front drivers side of the box.
that does not cool anything nor does it keep it cool.

The Cadillac Escalade Platinum cooler is a big failure on Cadillac's part.
it is just a storage box.
We have a Sam's Club Cold Bag that we put in an ice pack or frozen bottle of water in.
it is much more effective at keeping things cool in the Florida heat than the Platinum cooler.
and it is better insulated.

·
Registered
2016 Platinum
266 Posts
GM upgraded the cooler from the 15 to 16. Larger cooling plate and fan I was told. I put 4 bottles in mine and went on a 200 mile road trip they did stay somewhat cold. Too bad it doesn't automatically turn on when start the truck.

·
Registered
Escalade Premium
5 Posts
I Don't understand why they put a FAN and there is no Air Recycle inside the BOX ??! .. If they make it as Same as infinite Q80 would be much better, The Cooling is coming from the AC itself.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I agree it does not work well.
It needs to stay on when the vehicle is off, but that would drain the battery.
It should at least have a switch that remembers if you want it on, so you don't have to turn it on every time you start the truck.
exactly!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts