Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my 2009 cts di awd (black ice) Thursday night and absolutely love it.

However, today was the first hot day since I had the car so i decided to try the cooled seats. Sadly they do not work. When I push them (for either driver or passenger) nothing happens. The seats do not cool and the icon does not pop up. It works fine for the heated seats and everything in the car seems to work perfectly.

Since this is not working on both driver and passenger seats, I am thinking it may just be a bad fuse but I cannot seem to locate the fuse for it (didn't see it in the car manual).

Does anyone know where exactly the fuse is for the cooled seats or have any ideas how to get it fixed. The dealer I bought it from is a good hour away so if there is a simple fix (like changing a fuse) i'd rather do it myself then bring it in.

Thanks for any and all help.

·
Registered
08 White Diamond CTS DI RWD FE2 all options
2,541 Posts
argoldst

are you sure your CTS is equiped with cooled seats?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got the premium collection (msrp addon for about $10,100) and there clearly is the button there for it. Also, on the sticker it clearly says "*heated and cooled seats" so i am pretty sure it does have it.

·
Registered
2009 Black Ice/Ebony CTS-4 DI FE2
340 Posts
That's hilarious! I have your cars twin :D& had the exact same problem. It's not the fuse (first thing I thought too), there is some kind of module in the seat that isn't programmed properly. Took my dealer 2 1/2 hours to figure it out & about 45 seconds to fix.

There's worse ways to spend 2 hours than driving a CTS!:yup:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Congrats on the beautiful ride, btw.:thumbsup: I think we may have the rarest color besides Hot Lava. I assume you have Ebony & wood interior, do you have the polished 18's?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's hilarious! I have your cars twin :D& had the exact same problem. It's not the fuse (first thing I thought too), there is some kind of module in the seat that isn't programmed properly. Took my dealer 2 1/2 hours to figure it out & about 45 seconds to fix.

There's worse ways to spend 2 hours than driving a CTS!:yup:
Thanks for the reply. Can you give me any more specific details so that I can go to the dealer and they know what to do right away?

As for the car/color, I absolutely love it! :D Yes it is the black ice exterior with black interior and wood trim. Looks stunning.

·
Registered
Cadillac 2009 CTS cherry bomb
59 Posts
Heated seats will not work

I have the opposite problem !
My butt gets nice and chilly, but the seat warmers don't get my butt toasty warm. The service manager at the dealership said it wasn't a common problem (as Mel Brooks said in Blazing Saddles "Why do I always get the defective one?"). They're going to look into the matter so I'll mention that module thing-a-ma-bob. It's no deal breaker, but my wife is getting a little cranky on cool mornings.
:annoyed:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Sorry arg, looked for the service order but couldn't find it. Def has something to do with programming a module.

·
Registered
2012 Cadillac CTS4 Coupe V6 DI Performance Collection
182 Posts
I've had the car for over a year and a half. Never used these features. After reading these threads I went out to try them out. My question is How rapidly does the cooling or heating become noticeable. Must the A/C be on? Motor warmed up for warming seat or is it like an electric heating pad?:confused:

·
Registered
Cadillac 2009 CTS cherry bomb
59 Posts
Heated seats will not work

Took the Cherry Bomb to the dealer.
My problem was resolved, and the problem diagnosed as a "loose" wire. Huh?
I was given a heads up when told the warmer won't work when the A/C is on. Here I thought the CTS was equipped with climate control. I never had the problem with the Red Rocket STS.

:bigroll:

·
Registered
340 Posts
2laid.... The cooling effect should be noticable right away on high, you can actually feel the air movement with your hand. The heat is electric & both features are independent of the heater/AC.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got the car back today. For me, it was the fact then when the dealer installed new software on the car (recommended by gm, possibly due to some service issue) they did not program the car to turn on the cooled seats.

In and out quick and LOVING it. All my other cars only did heat and cooling on your butt. Amazing to have it on my back as well :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts