Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can somebody please tell me where the Coolant temperature sensor in a 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0 is. If anyone has any pictures of where it is please send them to me. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Your coolant temperature sensor on a 2015 Cadillac ATS 2.0 Turbo is located under the thermostat housing which is located under the turbo on the driver side I'll shoot out the vehicle good luck to everyone trying to fix their as I'm sure it's the same for 2013 as well 2014 and 2012 if I'm not mistaking

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can somebody please tell me where the Coolant temperature sensor in a 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0 is. If anyone has any pictures of where it is please send them to me. Thanks in advance.
Hi my name is Dave and I was wondering if you were able to find out where the coolant temp sensor was located?

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac Escalade & 2013 Cadillac ATS
8 Posts
I have located it. It is behind the cylinder head on a 2013 ATS 2.0 w/turbo

·
Registered
8 Posts
do you have a picture
Yes Delitoy21 I do have a picture of where it is located. It is located on the back side of the engine. The top half of the Engine had to be removed. If you are standing facing the engine the coolant temp sensor is on the back side of the engine. about 4 inches down. You will need a 10mm deep well socket to get back there. I hope this will help you ..

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a follow up post. Not sure if you found it. Hope this helps you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I WOULD HAVE TO ASK MY SON, HE IS THE ONE THAT DID THE WORK. I DO KNOW THAT IT TOOK LIKE 2 HOURS TO GET IT OUT. IT WAS VERY STUBBORN. I GUESS BECAUSE IT IS IN A KINDA WEIRD POSITION.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yea thats what im seeing its behind the motor just above the trans, you cant even see back there this is going to be fun
Yes, it was quit the job. You really need a special extension tool to be able to reach without any issues. It took like 2 hours to get that out just to be able to get to the censor that was bad. So, if anyone figures out an easier way to get to it, please share.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes, it was quit the job. You really need a special extension tool to be able to reach without any issues. It took like 2 hours to get that out just to be able to get to the censor that was bad. So, if anyone figures out an easier way to get to it, please share.

So it is no easy job to get to this housing and honestly to change the housing gasket itself i would suggest removing the cowl above this area (suggested by a dealership mechanic who has done it before)

But if you are just trying to get to the temp sensor its not terrible if you remove the vacuum pump from the driver side cam location on the rear of the engine. It is 3 bolts and one hose. The first time i did it i removed the strut brace and 02 sensor to give myself more reach but it was just as easy the 2nd time with only removing the vacuum pump. Once the vacuum pump was off i was able to disconnect the sensor (picture attached) and get an allen key into the retaining clip to push that back towards the firewall which took more force that youd expect but also this is a plastic housing so take your time. Once the retaining ring was off it popped right out and reinstallation was even easier

Forewarning, i had just done the valve cover gasket and replaced that vacuum pump seal which i highly suggest if you are getting back there anyways life is much easier with the valve cover off and i have the parts list if you want it because the trick kit leaves alot of necessary gaskets out

Feel free to drop me a line if anyone has any questions i took pics and video so i can post a valve cover gasket DIY video as well once i get it edited

Hope this helps

·
Registered
8 Posts
So it is no easy job to get to this housing and honestly to change the housing gasket itself i would suggest removing the cowl above this area (suggested by a dealership mechanic who has done it before)

But if you are just trying to get to the temp sensor its not terrible if you remove the vacuum pump from the driver side cam location on the rear of the engine. It is 3 bolts and one hose. The first time i did it i removed the strut brace and 02 sensor to give myself more reach but it was just as easy the 2nd time with only removing the vacuum pump. Once the vacuum pump was off i was able to disconnect the sensor (picture attached) and get an allen key into the retaining clip to push that back towards the firewall which took more force that youd expect but also this is a plastic housing so take your time. Once the retaining ring was off it popped right out and reinstallation was even easier

Forewarning, i had just done the valve cover gasket and replaced that vacuum pump seal which i highly suggest if you are getting back there anyways life is much easier with the valve cover off and i have the parts list if you want it because the trick kit leaves alot of necessary gaskets out View attachment 583330

Feel free to drop me a line if anyone has any questions i took pics and video so i can post a valve cover gasket DIY video as well once i get it edited

Hope this helps
Well my son did get that sensor fixed. And now he has a entirely new issue. His check engine light came on. So he scanned with the scanner it gave him 4 codes. Which we haven’t been able to find out much about.
P2301

P2304

P2307

P2310
He has been told multiple things to try. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. You may email me at [email protected]. I need to find answers ASAP. As we have no clue to even know where to start. I do know that the engine runs ok til it heats up and then it doesn’t want to run at all.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts