Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried searching but can't find it. I'm trying to get my temperature reading onto my DIC. Assistance please :thumbsup:

·
Registered
'98 STS (RIP @ 206,xxx miles)
4,854 Posts
Digital coolant temperature display is not available on the '98 to '04 Seville models.

The results of my temperature monitoring (at the OBD connector) on my '98 with my thermostat and water pump etc, might provide some idea of how the needle position relates to actual coolant temperature.

Use this at your own risk.
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i101/JimDphotobucket/Smallertempguagewithnumbers.jpg

If someone has a burning desire to calibrate the last two marks on the needle position, I would be happy to assist using your engine.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I almost always run directly in the center, occasionally a notch over but it drops right back down. So I'd fathom to say 200-210 is normal.

Didn't know it wasn't available after 98, thanks though.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,969 Posts
200 - 210 IS normal. Even a tad higher in the winter.

·
Registered
68 DVC, 96 FLTWD Brgm, 11 CTS Premium (two)
1,623 Posts
My 2000 Eldorado runs about one half a needle width to the right of center. and when the primary cooling fan decided to take a powder that needle move to the right a whole hash mark pretty quick while stopped in traffic - so it's a sensitive gague - not damped as some have stated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts