Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2008 sts-v black raven 2004 cts black raven
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed last year or 2 years ago that if I turn my climate control past 80 sometimes the coolant temp gauge drops and the fans come on and stay and check engine light comes on but when I scan there is no code, anybody else get this??? 06 rwd 4.6

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
coolant level is fine, but never changed t stat might just go ahead and do that. I know on my 03 cts the t stat is stuck open and the light stays on and that t stat is too much for me to change so I'll deal with it but on here it doesnt look too bad to change. Might as well flush system even though I flushed it last year

·
Registered
2005 STS Northstar RWD
511 Posts
My guess would also be a bad tstat. Really easy to change on the Northstar. I just did it about 2 months ago.

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
Sticking thermostats are pretty rare.

If the CEL is coming on, there IS a code, the scanner is just missing it.

The fans coming on before their set temp (without an AC function set) is usually the result of a coolant temp sensor code.

·
Registered
2006 STS V8 Blackberry,2004 CTS 3.6 Loaded, 2016 SRX LOADED
482 Posts
Orange, I have the same problem of temp OK and then drops to Cold and fans come on. Where is t-stat and how hard is it to change?

Thanks Steve

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
t stat is under the throttle body. if you remove tb you will have acess to it. I need to make time to do mine just didnt think it would cause fans and temp to drop, I might change sensor since i will be dirty lol

·
Registered
2005 STS Northstar RWD
511 Posts
You shouldn't need to remove the tb, just the intake duct. The temp sensor is in a very very tight location. You may not want to replace it if it isn't broken.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
my brain farted i meant intake and air box. too much jp-8 lol. and i doubt its the sensor anyway now that i thought about it, i do wanna polish the tb but i have another project to tackle this weekend............ the damn freaking diff bushing again, i went poly this time(rev shift)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts