Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dudes that chaged my coolant didnt use the dexcool that I wanted. They used some superior type coolant. Not the green stuff. Still the same color as dexcool.

I bought some motomaster water pump lubercant that protects the pump and prolongs the radiator life and prevents corrosion.

Should I use this water pump lubricant in the 97 sts? Or just keep changing the coolant yearly?

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,974 Posts
I bought some motomaster water pump lubercant that protects the pump and prolongs the radiator life and prevents corrosion.
Isn't that what coolant is supposed to do?

What does the coolant they used call for regarding change intervals? You should be good for 2 years at least.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,098 Posts
The FSM and dealer procedure is pretty specific as to the method and time period for changing N* coolants. There are threads here also. GM does not recommend lubricants or water wetters in their change procedure. An approved DEXCOOL substitute is OK.

·
Registered
Cadillac
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is an additive to the coolant, water pump lubricant. Just want to be as careful as i can with the coolant. Wonder if any one else uses additives.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,974 Posts
Probably won't actually hurt anything, but certainly not necessary.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts