Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all, 92 deville
My local shop did me a coolant flush and refilled and placed condioner in it, like they do most cars, after reading alot of posts i am confused about this "pellet" issue what can happen if i leave it as is? Is it ok to add the pellets with the conditioner they already put in there? And lastly can anyone tell me how they put these pellets in so i can print it out for the garage?
Thanks All

·
Registered
305 Posts
MARK2995 said:
Greetings all, 92 deville
My local shop did me a coolant flush and refilled and placed condioner in it, like they do most cars, after reading alot of posts i am confused about this "pellet" issue what can happen if i leave it as is? Is it ok to add the pellets with the conditioner they already put in there? And lastly can anyone tell me how they put these pellets in so i can print it out for the garage?
Thanks All
You can buy Bar's Leaks Golden Seal tubes with powder (two) for $1.44 at Wal-Mart and carefully pour it into radiator neck (constantly mixing). Drive for some 10 minutes to have the stuff mixed with coolant. It is the same stuff the pelets are made from. What is exactly the "conditioner"?

·
Registered
808 Posts
Conditioner? It is the stuff your girl puts on her hair to make it really nice and soft!
:D
Sorry, couldn't resist...
Peteski

·
Registered
3 Posts
the coolant pellets u speek of,im an old caddie dealer engine man from the eightys,are or were used for coolant getting into the engine oil,at first cadillac thought the coolant was getting into the engins at the bottom of the piston sleeves that have an oring,a 4100 is sleeved like a diesle,but later they found out this was not how it was happening,the reason the coolant got into the engines was a leaking intake usally dissing out the lifters and rounding the cam shaft and weareing out the dist gear ,so cadillac came out with an intake gsk set that had flexable washers on the new bolt set to lessen the manifold from flexing dureing full engine temps and letting coolant into the engine from the intake water jackets,thus the issue was fixed,so basicallythe pellots were dropped after crushing into the raidiator and mixed with coolant,but know if you have the updated manifold gsk set you dont need the pelots they were a stop leak sortta lol after the desighn change we had no more problems and never used the supplement you speek of

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
Submariner409