Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a coolant leak that's coming from right side under hood. No fog on windows, no antifreeze smell coming from vents and no inside leak on floor. Puzzling. I know the heater core is on right side and not sure if it's going bad. Please give me your thoughts. I called dealership and to install new heater core it's going to cost me $1,000 plus. Haven't had checked out yet to determine if it's the heater core. Wanted to post first to see if anyone else has heard of this problem. 2007 Escalade
 

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
Joined
·
13,353 Posts
Could be heater core for owners who have not changed their coolant since new, but we have not seen any bad cores at our shops yet, check your hoses if they are original. :)
 

·
Registered
2001 DTS,2007 STS V8
Joined
·
602 Posts
Check to see if the heater lines (metal lines) rubbed through somewhere. 2 common places are by the trans dipstick and down by the r/s running board. HTH.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cadmanchris said:
Check to see if the heater lines (metal lines) rubbed through somewhere. 2 common places are by the trans dipstick and down by the r/s running board. HTH.
I'm about to check now. Thanks
 
Joined
·
12,821 Posts
Big Big Red, I'm looking forward to your updates after checking the heater lines! If you would ever like me to check for open recalls on your specific Escalade, or communicate with your dealership on your behalf, don't hesitate to email me. I'm available at [email protected].

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cadmanchris said:
Check to see if the heater lines (metal lines) rubbed through somewhere. 2 common places are by the trans dipstick and down by the r/s running board. HTH.
Looks like its leaking by the trans line like you said but I can't seem to locate the leak.

----------

cadmanchris said:
Check to see if the heater lines (metal lines) rubbed through somewhere. 2 common places are by the trans dipstick and down by the r/s running board. HTH.
It's defiantly leaking from some hose close to the trans dipstick. It's actually dripping from the dipstick under the vehicle but I can't see where the leak is. Any idea?
 

·
Registered
2001 DTS,2007 STS V8
Joined
·
602 Posts
Look for rub marks around the metal lines. Check the quick connects also going to the heater core. If its close to the dipstick, move it and check for the line being rubbed through.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Big Big Red said:
Looks like its leaking by the trans line like you said but I can't seem to locate the leak.

----------



It's defiantly leaking from some hose close to the trans dipstick. It's actually dripping from the dipstick under the vehicle but I can't see where the leak is. Any idea?
Carmanchris Hey just want to say thanks Carman Chris that's exactly what it was metal line had a hole in it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cadmanchris said:
No problem. Did you fix it yet?
Not yet. Scheduled for Monday to get fixed. Hey can you help me with clunking noise issue? When I'm traveling at low speed ESP in stop and go traffic I feel and hear a clunking noise when I accelerate. I've greased the slip yoke and it didn't fix it.
 

·
Registered
2001 DTS,2007 STS V8
Joined
·
602 Posts
Sounds like a broken engine mount. Normally the drivers side. They do leak fluid when they are broken, and the drivers side would leave a brown rust colored stain on the front diff.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cadmanchris said:
Sounds like a broken engine mount. Normally the drivers side. They do leak fluid when they are broken, and the drivers side would leave a brown rust colored stain on the front diff.
This sound is coming from the rear. It's in the driveline. Sometimes it clunks hard changing from 2nd to 3rd. Called the dealership and they said it was normal. I've saw several other GM owners post with the same complaint. It's very annoying.

----------

cadmanchris said:
Sounds like a broken engine mount. Normally the drivers side. They do leak fluid when they are broken, and the drivers side would leave a brown rust colored stain on the front diff.
Also I changed the rear diff fluid with GM Auto Trak fluid. Still clunks :(
 

·
Registered
2001 DTS,2007 STS V8
Joined
·
602 Posts
Oh ok. I must say that my 07 has that occasional clunk in the driveline. I did update my TCM with the latest software, but I still get it at times. One more thing to check are the u-joints. Hope I could be of some help.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
cadmanchris said:
Oh ok. I must say that my 07 has that occasional clunk in the driveline. I did update my TCM with the latest software, but I still get it at times. One more thing to check are the u-joints. Hope I could be of some help.
Yeah checked those too, they're good. I saw where a guy put a racquetball in the slip yoke and it'd iced the clunk. Also heard of a nickel plated slip yoke fixing the clunk. I want it gone.
 

·
Registered
2001 DTS,2007 STS V8
Joined
·
602 Posts
Was just helping another member and noticed the bulletin 09-07-30-00I. It mentions the pump fluid seals and also the possibility of a cracked 1-2-3-4 or 3-5-R clutch housing. Are you still covered under powertrain?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
cadmanchris said:
Was just helping another member and noticed the bulletin 09-07-30-00I. It mentions the pump fluid seals and also the possibility of a cracked 1-2-3-4 or 3-5-R clutch housing. Are you still covered under powertrain?
No not under power train. I purchased from a Nissan dealer. Only has 78k on it.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top