Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Pearl White Escalade
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!!! New to the forum and Love all info!!! I'm hoping like crazy someone out there can help me.. I've got an 04 CTS I just bought.. I'm trying to hunt down and fix a coolant leak.. I believe I've got it traced down to either the gasket holding the Thermostat Housing to the head or what looks like the rubber Heater core lines coming from the firewall.. I've been on top of the motor below the motor.. I even rented a cooling system presure tester and pumped that thing for 45min straght with out the needle moving.. Anyone out in forum land have any diagrams, tricks, or anything that might help me out???

·
Registered
2003 CTS 3.2L, Luxury Sport, Diamond White
659 Posts
stugtz04 said:
Hey all!!! New to the forum and Love all info!!! I'm hoping like crazy someone out there can help me.. I've got an 04 CTS I just bought.. I'm trying to hunt down and fix a coolant leak.. I believe I've got it traced down to either the gasket holding the Thermostat Housing to the head or what looks like the rubber Heater core lines coming from the firewall.. I've been on top of the motor below the motor.. I even rented a cooling system presure tester and pumped that thing for 45min straght with out the needle moving.. Anyone out in forum land have any diagrams, tricks, or anything that might help me out???
I've had this issue for so long too. Not a big leak, just over a month it'd slowly leak out. The other weekend I had it supposedly "fixed" cuz the water pump was definitely leaking coolant. Unfortunately, it seems to still be leaking, just slower now.

I'd look into the water pump as well though for you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts