Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Cadillac Eldorado
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I found my coolant leak, it's the hose you see when take the air filter cabin out, and It goes down to the radiator possibly? And up to what I believe is the thermometer. It's leaking around the house clamp and when I squeeze it the leak changes so I know it's the hose. So first question is an easy one:

How difficult is this repair and how much is the hose?

Second question: those bone shaped motor mounts on the front of the engine, on top, seem loose. Same deal here, wondering how difficult and how much.

Taking to a mechanic but want to walk in knowledgeable as I can.

As always, thanks in advance for your answers, you guys are great.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,783 Posts
"Air filter cabin"? "Thermometer"? :hmm: I'm not sure what hose you're talking about (sounds like it might be one of the radiator hoses), but maybe all it needs it to tighten the clamp.:noidea:

The torque struts aka "dog bones" are supposed to have a little play in them. Just be sure the rubber grommets are there and in one piece.

·
Registered
1996 Cadillac Eldorado
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sorry Ranger, by air filter cabin I meant the black box that holds the air filter. Pulled that off.

Thermometer, I meant thermostat. The hose in question goes to the thermostat housing.

There's almost no rubber grommets left in those torque struts.

Hope that helps clarify things a little bit.

·
Super Moderator
86,783 Posts
OK, then you're talking about the radiator hose. I'd first try snugging up the clamp.

If you have no rubber left in those torque struts, they need to be replaced.

·
Super Moderator
86,783 Posts
Hard to say, not knowing your skill level, but neither is a terribly hard job.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts