Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1968 Deville convertible
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was going to ask about the thermostat temp but I am just going to leave it be. Took me 2 hours or so to get it out I don't know if that's good or bad. That one bolt that is close to the transmission gave me some issues but other than that pretty straight forward. A new pump, thermostat, and gaskets should be here this week.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
67,958 Posts
I believe that, in the 2006 and later Northstar, you need to remove the entire water crossover to replace the water pump. Note the 5-bolt flange.

The correct thermostat is set to begin opening at 188 degreesF and fully open at 206 degreesF. A good Northstar, with clean cooling system, runs at 190 - 210 all day and night so the thermostat is not fully open most of the time. Emissions loop change occurs at about 160 degreesF so you do NOT want to change original thermostat specs.

·
Registered
1968 Deville convertible
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I am going with an OEM one I was going to ask about a 160 but seen that is a no-no, I had to remove the crossover to get to the bolts to the back of the water pump. Its always easy taking things out. putting them back in never seems to go as smoothly but we shall see

1 - 4 of 4 Posts