Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have a 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0T performance trim, and today whole I was messing around with it in college and we pressure tested the cooling system. The pressure held for a little bit then dropped. I've notice the reservoir tank has slowly went down in coolant, when we tested it the leak looked like it came from under the valve cover. The area was by the turbo, across from the cylinder #1 ignition coil. I am gonna tear into it soon. Just wondering if anyone else has had issues with this.
Thank you

·
Registered
2013 ATS 3.6 Premium AWD
240 Posts
Could be an intake manifold coolant leak.
Are you seeing any whitish-gray smoke coming from the exhaust during startup or hard accelerations?

Could be a simple gasket replacement, but it could also indicate a more serious issue.
If you are not a mechanic, I would take the car to one.

·
Cadillac Owners Troll
2019 CT6 Sport 3.0TT,2015 Luxury ATS , 2016 ELR, and Volt
2,433 Posts
Hello,
I have a 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0T performance trim, and today whole I was messing around with it in college and we pressure tested the cooling system. The pressure held for a little bit then dropped. I've notice the reservoir tank has slowly went down in coolant, when we tested it the leak looked like it came from under the valve cover. The area was by the turbo, across from the cylinder #1 ignition coil. I am gonna tear into it soon. Just wondering if anyone else has had issues with this.
Thank you
Were you looking for a problem or trying to diagnose one. You may have created an issue by over pressuring the system

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have recently experienced this issue as well on a 2013 Premium. It looks like it might be coming from the rubber piece that rests on top of the valve cover and connects from turbo to the coolant reservoir. But not 💯 sure. Anyone else come across this?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts