Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Catera Sport
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'll start with how it happened so you all can flame on my stupidity before i ask for help on it:bigroll:. So my dad decides today he wants to recharge the a/c in our old trucks as they're not up to their age and i decided since i had my tools out and i already recharged the systems on our trucks I'd check my cat... That was my 1st mistake:thepan:. So i put it on, the gauge shows it's good, and as soon as i took off the gauge neon green liquid started spewing everywhere,.... :crybaby: I think it's just the valve stem and I'm going to run into the store after i eat to grab a tool. I just figured I'd ask if anyone has any suggestions or has had a problem like this. Or if someone knows that I'm wrong. Thanks.

·
Registered
97 Catera
31 Posts
Yep your correct...remove said valve stem and replace with new one...howd ya break it?...it may just be stuck open...you could try to depress it again and see if it re-seals...Oh and your coolant isnt leaking..the coolant cools the engine..what your referring to is called refrigerant : ) sry had to do it...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts