Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1990 Cadillac deville
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, while changing injectors and removing fuel rail. I had to remove the thermostat housing because I didnt see anyway around it. I had partially removed the rail to the point where the injectrs O ring was out the wholes but resting on the outer rim of the wholes. When I removes the t-stat housing I believe I may have gotten coolant down in the wholes. I know, I know, stupid does not begin to describe it. No matter its done, so when I strated her up, she Idling a hell of a lot better with the new injectors, smooth as you know what. However I kinda forgot about the stupid thing I did and noticed smoke coming from the exaust right form the area of the O2 sensor, then it dawned on me what that was. So my question is do I drain the oil and flush it somehow. Drainning oil no problem how do I do a proper flush if possible.

·
Registered
05 Deville
401 Posts
Just change oil as normal, maybe a 2nd oil change in a couple of weeks depending on what
the oil looks like. If its honey colored and looks good carry on.

don't use any of those engine oil flush products,
you can really ruin an engine with them.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,309 Posts
Coolant and bearings do not play well together. That said, how much coolant did you get in there? A few drops shouldn't hurt anything, but if in doubt, follow RV's advice and just do an oil change.

·
Registered
1990 Cadillac deville
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, im not taking any chances, I will change the oil, and do so again nest week sometime to be safe. After getting rid of the injectors out of range and the one not firing, man she sure idles smooth. Caint wait to put it on the road, Ill just have to wait til I get someone to get me back to parts store for some fresh oil. Thanks everyone!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts