Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
'14 XTS Luxury AWD
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 14 XTS, my issues is the coolant fan won’t stop running once the car is off. I changed the temp sensor yesterday, but the problem still persists. The only way it stops is when I disconnect the battery. Any tips or suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
2018 Cadillac XTS Luxury
222 Posts
I believe there is a coolant fan relay. Does the fan stop if you remove the relay? Is there another relay of the same type elsewhere that you could temporarily put in place of your coolant fan relay to see if that solves the problem?

·
Registered
2016 XTS4, 2010 DTS (gone), '07 STS4 (gone), '03 DHS (gone)
677 Posts
Scan the engine module for trouble codes.
For the average XTS owner, that's a totally unhelpful reply. What is an "engine module"; what are "trouble codes"??? And what do I scan these things with?

Be like Joe Owner, and stop with the techie stuff for Pete's sake!

·
Registered
2016 Escalade ESV, 2017 GMC Sierra 6.2
1,698 Posts
Whoa! LOL. If the OP is smart enough to change out a temperature sensor, I assume he knows how to use a scan tool. Or at least has knowledge of scan tools and diagnostic trouble codes since that’s been the basics of car repair for the past 25 years or more.

·
Registered
2013 XTS4 Platinum '91 Caprice Wagon '15 Impala LTZ (wife's)
648 Posts
Geez Louise, Joe gets no respect and neither does Pete.

Joe

·
Premium Member
2019 XTS PremLux, 2019 XT4 Premlux
107 Posts
I'd say to the average Joe owner go to Dan the dealer and drive into the service department.....

I'm with Cutlass if you can change a temp sensor it's a natural assumption you'd know what a basic scan tool was. You can usually get a chain auto parts store like Autozone to loan you one or they will do it. ?

·
Registered
2016 CTS 2.0 AWD Luxury
951 Posts
Dan will say no codes, cannot dupilcate, functions as designed. This less than Joe Average takes it to my local mechanic for diagnosis. Then I know what to say when Dan gives me the no codes jive.

As soon as it's out of the taillight warranty it will be my mechanic's baby until he refers me to a dealer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts