Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
95 Fleetwood Brougham / 01 DTS / 11 CTS Lux / 11 DTS Platinum
7,085 Posts
I think mine needs to be done also. I beleive the book time is about 4.5 hrs give or take. Also know that there is an upgraded gasket set for this. I'm sure the new part will be listed when they look it up but just an FYI.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think mine needs to be done also. I beleive the book time is about 4.5 hrs give or take. Also know that there is an upgraded gasket set for this. I'm sure the new part will be listed when they look it up but just an FYI.
Thanks. Hopefully yours doesn't just start draining like mine did.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,973 Posts
I had mine done last winter, but it was a warranty job. They did keep the car for a day and give me a loaner as it is a pretty lengthy job.

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
All I know is when my trans was done the guy told me I had a leak in some manifold looking thing and it was dripping on the trans. I can only assume that he was referring to the crossover.

I fill about 1/2" over the line when hot and after several thousands of miles I find it just below the line so it must be a very very minute leak.

Ranger, do you know how much was billed?

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Their gonna get mine with half loosened bolts and a water pump tesioner bolt beneath the control arm and bracket :lildevil:

I think its gonna be worth it to not have to jack with it.

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
I hate that.

Ranger; I hope my invoice says that LOL

Called to get a quote and got the hated "We'd just have to take a look to give you an estimate."

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
Wow? let it leak. Damn I was thinking $400 maybe. I'm going to get a quote form my GMC dealer across the street form the Cadillac guys. They're more reasonable and much better to work with

Around $750-800.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yikes, I was hoping no more than $500. I can't imagine paying $750-$800 because I had it down to 3 bolts in an hour and a half.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hmm maybe the $800 makes sense with a NEW crossover but there is no way I can see paying $800 for labor and a couple gaskets.

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
I have an appointment at my GMC dealer on the 25th to get mine looked at and get a price. I'll let you know.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have an appointment at my GMC dealer on the 25th to get mine looked at and get a price. I'll let you know.
I actually had my car taken in today. Not sure when they will get to it, but hopefully by the time I get back from my fishing trip to TN.

I just hope they don't call me with an off the wall quote after I've been :alchi: all day. :histeric:

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Eh, $259 later I guess I didn't get the water pump locked in all the way and it was leaking. Souds off the wall to me but whatever. An hour labor for $259, not bad for them.

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
It's great that you got out of the problem for $259 but that doesn't answer the question. LOL

1 - 17 of 17 Posts