Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Catera
474 Posts
there is a red knob in front of the drivers side front tire you can open to drain all the coolant. then you could buy some prestone super flush and flush out the radiator. then fill it back up 50/50 dexcool and water

·
Registered
'97 Forest Green Catera
674 Posts
Has anyone switched from DexCool to the Green stuff? How about the new "universal" long life coolant?

Thanks,

Barry

·
Registered
Cadillac
103 Posts
I have used all 3. The mecahnics at the Caddy Dealership where I buy the, "Dealership Only," parts told me that the Universal stuff was fine. I even switched to the uni-stuff in my newer cars with NO problems.

·
Registered
Cadillac
8 Posts
there is a red knob in front of the drivers side front tire you can open to drain all the coolant. then you could buy some prestone super flush and flush out the radiator. then fill it back up 50/50 dexcool and water
Sorry! I am very new to this kind of jobs, can you please suggest me what you mean by flush here, just putting "prestone super flush" liquid in the clear tank on the passenger side will do the radiator flush? while putting this flush liquid we should leave it open the reb knob? some explanation would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2 1997 Cateras: black&ocean green
698 Posts
I would like to flush mine too, but where do you put the old coolant? Auto shops (like Pep Boys) don't take it to recycle, unlike engine oil...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts