Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been seing some cool commercials for Cadillacs lately. The one I like the most right now happens to be for my second least favorite model the CTS. The guy's driving fast on a country road, goes through a tunnel and when he comes out a couple of seconds later all this debrit, road signs and stuff comes blasting out behind him....As though he created a vacum!

Does anyone else have a favorite Cadillac commercial new or old that they really like/liked? I was just curious.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Yea...guys getting on a bus..looks over at the brick wall & see an old Caddy...as the bus goes...the caddy changes..gets new & newer & eventually I think turns into the XLR..this one has to be seen for you to really enjoy it! It's too cool! I like the one you just talked about..it's great! :)

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
JerseyGirl said:
Yea...guys getting on a bus..looks over at the brick wall & see an old Caddy...as the bus goes...the caddy changes..gets new & newer & eventually I think turns into the XLR..this one has to be seen for you to really enjoy it! It's too cool! I like the one you just talked about..it's great! :)

thats the super bowl commercial...thats a good one. im waiting for the commercial they shot down here, they closed the skyway bridge for a few hours to shoot it, but i havent seen it on air yet.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's amazing! Sometimes the commercials are better than the shows they interrupt!

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Speaking of commercials, has anyone ever noticed the irony in newer car commercials that have cars doing things that if a customer did them with their car they would loose their warranty?
I mean I'm seeing cars being LAUNCHED over hills, competetively driven, etc. And of course the killer is the STS commercial that calls it a "race car". But don't get caught actually RACING it or they'd pull your warranty!
I want to see someone sue the OEM over these BS commercials. For years it's pissed me off that the OEM won't stand behind their advertising. They flaunt horsepower and torque figures, 0-60 times, etc. But if you have a problem with the car that is PERFORMANCE related, they decline to pursue the issue.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Have you seen the commercial for one of the rice grinders where the guy's on a series of empty roads sliding sideways and doing jumps and just beating the crap out of the thing? The car is red other than that I don't know what kind it is!

Wouldn't it be interesting to take them a copy of the commercial and a letter from your attorney when you go get warranty work done? I'd love to see somebody straighten them out.

·
Banned
701 Posts
I have not seen the XLR Super Bowl commercial yet, but my favorite is the one with Led Zepplin backgroung music and that beautiful vintage Caddy cruising down the road. Next would be the CTS going the wrong way on the test track where it splits the other cars. Gotta love Caddy's and Rock n Roll.

·
Registered
857 Posts
That one is great! The other one was on the Super Bowl day...i knew that! Yea! :) I just seen one for Saturn where people walk around with FOR SALE signs on and the cars are driving around like trying to buy a person. :) Funny..

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I saw the Saturn one too. Last night....Funny concept!

·
Registered
31 Posts
There are many. But I remember when I was a kid and already loving Cadillacs. Cadillac sponsored the Master's Golf tournament and one started out showing a vintage Cadillac then cuts away to some beautiful estate with a winding driveway, then you see a new 1972 Fleetwood Brougham drive by and the announcer saying "Someday you knew you would own a Cadillac".

·
Banned
15,987 Posts
i like the one where the all the luxy cars in black are driving around the ball room then a Silver STS breaks down the door comes barreling in tires screaming buring rubber

·
Registered
348 Posts
First and foremost...any caddy commerical w/ the LED ZEPPELIN 'rock&roll' jamming is a good one for me.

But, I saw one (CTS, maybe?) of a lady, perhaps on way to office, and on her right foot, she's got a sneaker, for hammering throttle, I'm sure. She gets out of car, changes her sneaker to pump, and off to work..do-do-do.

That would be me...but I keep the pump on..which explains the 'wear' on back of my coach leather pump:confused: , anyway...

kp
(der-ner-ner-ner-ner-ner NER-NER)
*rock & roll riff*

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
8 Participants
97cherry