Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 ats
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The XTS already comes with LEDS yes, but not all lights, went to Vleds.com from my ATS, using the same bulbs, they all fit, except does anybody know how to remove the floorboard bulb? I am currently injured I tried to get under there the best I could however was unsuccesssful. I saw 2 pegs, I did give it a slight tug to see if it will slide out, also trued turning it, gently. No luck, anybody know how to do this?

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac XTS Luxury Plus, White Diamond
29 Posts
Socal,
They pull right out, but you may have to hold the base. For the driver's side, I Put my hand behind the cover in the back and grabbed the base of the bulb and turned it slightly left/right and it pulled out, I then pulled it to where I could get two hands and pulled the bulb. Easy enough. As long as the bulb isn't big headed, it should fit (the base) right back in the hole and turn to lock. My bulb was big headed so this was a task to hold the base in place, while on the bottom I had to push the bulb in and finally got it.
The passenger side, I recommend to remove the two small hex screws of the base plate and the bulb connection will be so much easier to get to and replace.
Hope this helps.
G-4

·
Registered
14 ats
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Socal,
They pull right out, but you may have to hold the base. For the driver's side, I Put my hand behind the cover in the back and grabbed the base of the bulb and turned it slightly left/right and it pulled out, I then pulled it to where I could get two hands and pulled the bulb. Easy enough. As long as the bulb isn't big headed, it should fit (the base) right back in the hole and turn to lock. My bulb was big headed so this was a task to hold the base in place, while on the bottom I had to push the bulb in and finally got it.
The passenger side, I recommend to remove the two small hex screws of the base plate and the bulb connection will be so much easier to get to and replace.
Hope this helps.
G-4
Are these the same bulb types as all the other bulbs in the car?

·
Registered
29 Posts
They are the same as the glove box bulb and the door puddle light bulbs. I don't think they are the same as the center dome though.

·
Registered
14 ats
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its not like my ATS on the center dome, I was going to take it out and do those, but I have to take that whole assembly apart to get to the bulbs. Anyways Thanks, I am going to try to take it apart in like an hour I will post back soon. Cheers!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey Socal, let me know the steps that you do with getting to the center dome lights, as I gave up trying, not knowing if I was going to break something or mess it up.
Have you replaced the two upper rear passenger door map lights? I was able to get the cover ajar, but not completely off as it seems to have something of a hinge holding it. I can see the bulb, or light cover but not sure, as it looks weird and quite obliquely round. I have no idea how to get these out.
Any ideas or technique?
Did my explanation with the floorboard lights help? Did you get to them?

·
Registered
2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury (TOTALLED) / 2015 BMW 328i XDrive Lux
1,970 Posts
Why would you want to replace the dome lights on your XTS? (we already have LEDs in the dome by default)

·
Registered
2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury (TOTALLED) / 2015 BMW 328i XDrive Lux
1,970 Posts
For a couple of bucks, it's definitely worth a shot!

·
Registered
14 ats
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Socal, let me know the steps that you do with getting to the center dome lights, as I gave up trying, not knowing if I was going to break something or mess it up.
Have you replaced the two upper rear passenger door map lights? I was able to get the cover ajar, but not completely off as it seems to have something of a hinge holding it. I can see the bulb, or light cover but not sure, as it looks weird and quite obliquely round. I have no idea how to get these out.
Any ideas or technique?
I ended up passing out last night lol. I have to take the car in today for tit, clear bra, and hes going to do the door slots, the "kickers", i'm going to ask if he can do the center console. He needs it all day so I am picking my car up tomorrow, I will recap with you tomorrow night or Friday, I will take it apart.

----------

Why would you want to replace the dome lights on your XTS? (we already have LEDs in the dome by default)
Jeff I have changed all LED lights on the XTS except those and the 2 back ones. The LEDs I bought are from VLEDs and they are 130 lumens! So it does make a difference. I do like the LEDS they have used, but I want to go brighter.

·
Registered
14 ats
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Any ideas or technique?
Ok so floorboard, yea your explanation helped, this time i didn't so it at like 1AM so I had light and I saw what you were talking about, I couldn't get the bulb out at all. So on both driver and passenger, I took the screws out. Pulled the flap off and then twisted the light connector off, pulled bulb out ect....

Starting with the front dome lights. Ok so you pull the panel off, there is like 7/8 cables attached. They are all super short in length. I went ahead started removing them one at a time front to back. Once I accomplished this I put the used a Torx (10 or 15 I believe) to remove the 3 screws for the dome light assembly, popped the clips off. These lights are a full assembly, something I have never seen before, the whole assembly has a PC board inside and a UFO looking light bulb (w/ PCB). I have never seen bulbs like this before. It is a special bulb. I didn't take pictures I am sorry.

I did manage to get the bulb out of the back its simple, get the screws out, pull the handle out. The main clip is on the bottom of the assembly. But you have to remove the cable first. To do this the lining is tucked under the rubber edge simply pull it out of the rubber edge get your hand back there to the top. Once you do this, you will figure it out. Once you get that assembly out, its basically the same thing a UFO Led type bulb, inside a black assembly.

Here is a possible solution for you. I had a 2014 ATS before this. Inside the dome lights in the front, and in the back it had a similar assembly, however it took the same bulbs we are working with. The screws were in the same spots I believe. I would look up the part numbers for those assemblys and replace that if you want to replace just the bulb. I don't see why it won't work. There were minor differences though. Thanks for the info either way. Cheers!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts