Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Folks :wavehi:
Just a quick question. Did Cadillac Eldorado make convertibles in "84 and 85" or were those custom jobs??
Thankee Kindly :worship:
Fast Freddie

·
Registered
68 DVC, 96 FLTWD Brgm, 11 CTS Premium (two)
1,623 Posts
Yes and No.

Cadillac oferred ElDorado Convertibles during these years,but they were not bult in Detroit. They sent coupes to Hess & Eisenhart (in PA??) for the conversion before delivery to dealers.

Very Pricey - aprox $33,000.00 for one back in 85...

Besides H&E, other prestigious coachbuilders (M+M & Superior) were also used, but H&E was the primary one.

·
Registered
Cadillac
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes and No.

Cadillac oferred ElDorado Convertibles during these years,but they were not bult in Detroit. They sent coupes to Hess & Eisenhart (in PA??) for the conversion before delivery to dealers.

Very Pricey - aprox $33,000.00 for one back in 85...

Besides H&E, other prestigious coachbuilders (M+M & Superior) were also used, but H&E was the primary one.
Oddly enough, H&E also did convertibles for Jag XJS's... Thank you for your reply CM68. I've had 4 Eldies in the past (81 thru 85) including 1 diesel... also 3 Sevilles (79-80 Hahahaaaa...and another diesel)). I'm looking at a sharp 80 Eldie brtz as well as a couple of 85 drop tops. I like the 80 because of the 350... the HT4100 worries me.
Thanks again Mike :worship:
Fast Freddie

·
Registered
1984 & 1985 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible, 1987 Cad
65 Posts
Hi, Yes Cadillac did make a factory convertible. I should know I own ten of these Eldorado convertibles. They were built as a convertible body but could not be finished at the factory. They were then sent to American Sunroof Corporation to be finished. Most likely the 85"s you are looking at are factory cars. also Hess and eisenhardt converted coupes to convertible from 79 to 85

·
Registered
Cadillac
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, Yes Cadillac did make a factory convertible. I should know I own ten of these Eldorado convertibles. They were built as a convertible body but could not be finished at the factory. They were then sent to American Sunroof Corporation to be finished. Most likely the 85"s you are looking at are factory cars. also Hess and eisenhardt converted coupes to convertible from 79 to 85
Ya know...I hadn't heard about "American Sunroof Corp.", I did discover "Coach Builders Lmtd." Dolphin Motors in Florida had some Eldies that were built by them. Early 2K cars.
Thank you for the info, do you have pictures of your cars?? :bouncy:
Take Care
Fred

1 - 5 of 5 Posts